27 ~ The Letter

Silvers eyes fluttered open to see an empty dorm room. She slowly got up from Sirius' bed and looked around, James, Peter and Remus' beds were empty. Silver pulled on a pair of leggins she'd kept in Sirius' wardrobe and one of his hoodies. She wandered down into the common room to see the Marauders with Lily, Alice, Marlenne, Ivy and Tillie all sat on the floor whispering about something. When they spotted Silver coming down the stairs the whispering suddenly stopped. "What are you all talking about?" Silver asked as she raised an eyebrow, grinning. Sirius rolled his eyes and stood to give the girl a hug. "That is none of your business, Princess." He chuckled leaning in to press a kiss on her lips. Silver turned away and crossed her arms, "No kisses till you tell me." Sirius groaned and rolled his eyes. "Well I guess no more kisses till then." He chuckled walking in the direction of the portrait hole. "Anyone coming down for breakfast?" He called back as he climbed out.

Sirius was practically licking his bowl of porridge clean, while the others watched in disgust. "You really are like a dog, Padfoot." James grimaced as he scrunched his nose. Silvers appetite had gone and she was now just playing with her porridge with her spoon. Squarks and squeaks could be heard over head. "The owls are here." Silver didn't take much notice as she rarely got letters, if her mother had something to tell her it would usually go to Severus. A large green and blue creature swooped into the Great Hall, the students eyes were glued to it as it swept from the left to the right. An extremely large butterfly-like creature with spiked wings and a wolf-like skull landed on the table in front of Silver. Everyone around her gasped and backed away. "Thats a Swooping Evil!" A slytherin boy shouted, screamed erupted from around the room as the creature perched itself on Silvers lap. 

"It's an encephalphphage it feeds on people's brains!" A Ravenclaw shouted. A group of first years ran out of the hall screamed and shouting. Professor Mcgonagall and Dumbledore rushed down from the professors table at the top of the hall and stood on either side of Silver. "Professor, I promise he won't hurt anyone unless commanded. It's Edgar, one of Newts." Dumbledore nodded and turned to the rest of the hall, he placed his wand onto his neck and bellowed to the hall. "Sit back in your seats, you shall remain safe and unharmed if you do so." The students cautiously sat back at their tables, their eyes still glued on the creature. 

Silver spotted a piece of parchment attached to the tail of the creature, she carefully untied it and pet him on the head. "Thank you, Edgar." She cooed, feeding him a piece of bread. 

Silver Snape, 

Upon your seventeenth birthday, you will be able to use magic outside of school. A hippogriff will be waiting on the Hogwarts grounds, she will have your a gift with her. Don't open it till your birthday, I know what you're like. There is another letter enclosed with the gift which you must read before you do anything with the gift. If you have any other questions when opening it and reading the letter then send an owl. Sorry about sending Edgar, he demanded to come and see you.

We're all doing well here, Starlight can't wait to see you. She'll be nearby Hagrid's hut probably trying to steal some of Buckbeak's ferrets. Hope you're doing well, say hello to Sirius for me.

See you soon,

Newt Scamander

Silver smiled at the letter and held it out to Sirius, she picked up Edgar and carried him outside. They rushed to a small wooden cabin located outside of Hogwarts Castle, on the edge of the Forbidden Forest. They knocked on the large wooden door and Hagrid opened it. "Why hello there, I'm guessing you're here to see Starlight?" Silver nodded and Hagrid moved aside to allow the girl in. There is only one room inside, with hams and pheasants hanging from the ceiling. There is also a fireplace where a copper kettle is used to boil water. 

To the left of the room was an umbrella stand containing his pink umbrella wand and crossbow. On the coat rack above it was a moleskin coat. Various ingredients for foods and items used by him in teaching the Care of Magical Creatures were dotted around the room. In the corner stands a massive bed with a patchwork quilt over it. Lead on the bed was a small white hippogriff, it jumped up and bounced over to Silver running in circles around the girl. Silver giggled and pet her on the head. "Well, I see Sirius has made you quite fond of me now. You wouldn't come near me before." She giggled sitting down on the dusty floor of the hut. 

A loud knock banged on the door, Hagrid stood from the wooden stool he'd perched on and wandered to the door. "What's the bet that little Sirius himself?" Hafrid chuckled, he opened the door to reveal Sirius with his arms crossed staring up at Hagrid, "I am not small." He frowned, Hagrid let the boy in and Starlight launched herself onto him. Sirius chuckled as he caught the hippogriff, almost falling to the ground. Silver giggled as she stood from the floor and dusted herself off. "Hagrid, did she have a parcel with her?" Silver asked turning her attention to the half giant. "Yes, she did. Now where did I put it." He muttered as he began searching around the small room. "While I look for it, why don't you make us a cup of tea?" He suggested searching the many pockets in his moleskin coat. 

Silver nodded and grabbed the copper kettle from the fireplace. She placed three mugs on the counter and poured the tea into each cup. "Sugar?" Silver called over her shoulder. "Yes, four please." Hagrid responded now pulling many old dog treats from his coat and placing them on the table. Silver lifted the lid off the sugar jar to reveal a small, square parcel. "I think I found it." Silver giggled pulling it out of the jar. Hagrid nodded and grinned, "Now I remember, Fang was trying to eat it, so I put it in there so he couldn't. Thought it was quite a smart idea myself." Hagrid chuckled proudly.

Silver inspected the parcel, it was wrapped in a brown paper and tied neatly with a white string. Sirius snatched it out of her hands, "Nope, not until your birthday." He placed the package in his back pocket. "Well, yous two better get going now. It's time to feed Fang and that's not a pretty sight." Silver and Sirius nodded and left the hut waving their goodbyes to Hagrid. As they left, Starlight followed after them and brushed against their legs before flapping her majestic white wings and flying off.

James, Lily, Peter, Ivy and Remus were all sitting under the beech tree by the Black Lake. Silver sat next to Ivy and grinned mischievously, "James, I dare you to jump into the lake." Everyone's heads whipped to James, huge smirks plastered on their faces. James looked at her and shook his head, "I really hate you sometimes." He chuckled as he pulled his shirt off. Lily cheered making Silver grimace. James reached the edge of the lake and dived in. 

He popped up from the water and looked at the others, wiping the water out of his eyes. "Aren't you all coming in?" Silver jumped up and ran to the water fully clothed and dive bombed in. Sirius groaned, "That was my favorite jumper." Silver rolled her eyes and giggled, I'll buy you a new one. Sirius groaned again as he removed his shirt and ran into the water. He swam underneath the water and lifted Silver onto his shoulders. Ivy and Remus jumped in next and swam together surrounding the others. Lily finally gave in and jumped into James' arms in the lake, holding onto him as they floated. The group looked up to Peter with curious looks on their faces, "Wormtail, why aren't you coming in?" James called pushing a strand of flaming red hair out of Lily's face. 

Peters eyes shifted to Silver, he shrugged his shoulders and stood. "I guess I'll come in then." Peter said as he slowly crept into the murky water. The group continued to swim in the lake, ensuring to be cautious of any creatures living there. They were splashing each other in a huge water fight when Professor Mcgonagall stormed up to the side of the lake. "I shall see you all in detention tonight. Please get out of the lake, aren't you aware of all the harmful creatures that could hurt you." 

"We've dealt with worse."Silver called to the woman. The Marauders chuckled as Professor Mcgonagall rolled her eyes smirking as she walked away leaving the group to their own devices, muttering under her breath, "They will be the death of me." and chuckling to herself. As much as she hated to admit it, she did the the Marauders and always found them a very valuable source of entertainment.