15 ~ Breakups and Makeups

Sirius gently guided the crying girl up through the common room ignoring the inquisitive looks the other Gryffindors exchanged as they passed. With Silver tucked protectively under his arm they ascend the stairs up to the Marauders dormitory with Peter following close behind. "Peter go check on Lily. Ivy and Tillie will be in the dorm with her, they'll let you in." Peter nodded and altered his path to climb up the opposite staircase leading to the girls dormitories. Sirius pushed the dorm room door open revealing Remus sat on his bed reading one of his many books. Upon the pairs entrance, he looked up from his page and grimaced preparing to leave the room. But when seeing the tears rolling down Silvers cheeks and the serious face displayed on the boys face, he jumped up and pulled the girl into his arms. Sirius reluctantly gave in loosening his grip around the small girl so she could hug the taller boy back. 

Remus' face clouded with worry as he clung to the weeping girl, "What's wrong, Cub?" The Veela raised her head to look up at the lycanthropy, exposing her bloodshot, swollen eyes. His heart sank at the sight of the pained girl. Silver sniffed back the tears as she pulled away from Remus' hug returning under Sirius' arm facing Remus. "James was being a dick and it resulted in Severus calling Lily a mudblood. Now Lilys and Silver are mad at James and Severus. Peter, Ivy and Tillie are with Lily now making sure she's okay and I brought Silver up here to calm her down away from everyone else." Sirius answered for her, Silver looked up at Remus, her eyes filling with sadness. "I'm so sorry, Remus." She spoke between sobs, Remus shook his head, grabbing her left hand. "No, I'm sorry. I over-reacted you all only wanted to help me. I was just worried that one of you would get hurt." He admitted pulling the girl into another brief but meaningful hug. Sirius grinned at the two, "Hey Silver, do you want to go see Lily now?" Sirius offered as the girl wiped the tears from her eyes. She nodded silently, the boy interlocked their fingers as they exited the room with Remus close behind.

"Lily I am so sorry. My brothers a pillock but I'm sure he didn't mean it, he cares about you and so does James." Silver spoke from the doorway as she walked into her dorm. Lily was currently crying into her pillow with Ivy and Tillie either side stroking her hair comfortingly and Peter was perched awkwardly at the end of the bed. Luckily Marlene and Alice, Lilys roommates weren't there so the room wasn't too crowded. The redhead shot up and sent and icy look towards the girl, "Of course you'd stick up for him. What, do you see me as a filthy mudblood too? Of course you and your brother would be so alike. No wonder no one else wanted you on that damn train! If Sirius wasn't so desperate for attention he wouldn't have either. Bellatrix should've had better aim that day." She screamed across the room. Shock filled the others in the room, Silver felt a silent tear roll down her face as she watched her best friend in pure astonishment. "I don't see you as a mudblood and you know that I don't share his beliefs in all that pure-blood rubbish." Silver fired back, her hair became a faint blue reflecting the breakdown that was happening inside her head.

"I don't know anymore! You seem pretty adamant your brothers good deep down but it doesn't fucking look like it!" Silvers body froze. She had never heard Lily swear, no matter how annoyed she got at James or how confused she got by a question in potions, the girl had never cursed. But here she was not only cursing but directing it at Silver. "Lily! That's enough!" Sirius growled at the girl gnarling his teeth. Lily scoffed at the boy, "Even got your boyfriend sticking up for you now." Ivy and Tillie had now backed away from her side to Silver checking if she was okay. "Lily, stop. You know you don't mean this." Remus spoke calmly to the girl who rolled her eyes at him, "No I do, I really do mean it. How do we know we can trust her? She could be a death eater just like her brother. But no, just because she's helpful with pranks and has powers that makes her pretty we'll let her be our friend. Well I am not having it!" Lily was now screaming as she stood glaring hard right into Silvers eyes, Silver could see that she truly meant every word she said shattering her heart into a million pieces. Ivy had now stepped forward her face red in fury, "Lily will you shut your gob for five bloody minutes. You are so up your own arse that you're not even going to listen to Silver?" Ivy stared the girl down, Lily simply crossed her arms and stared back.