~The Castle Takeback~

Start from the beginning

Meanwhile, back on planet Arus, in the Castle of Lions.

"Pidge, have you made it to the generator room yet?" Allura asked.

"I'm in." Pidge confirmed as she entered. "This technology is so advanced, I don't know if I'll able to figure it out." She added, felling a little overwhelmed.

"Yes, you can. The lives of your fellow paladins are at stake. You can't just give up. Please, save them, and Alaina." Allura replied, then pleaded. Pidge looked down, realizing how worried the princess was for her sister. She understood the feeling. All too well in fact.

-Flashback-

"Hope you enjoy this home-cooked meal, Matt. After our launch to Kerberos tomorrow, we'll be eating freeze-dried peas for the next two months." Said her Father, Sam Holt, at one of their usual family dinners, before the mission.

"Don't lie. I know you love those peas, Dad." Matt, her older brother, said.

"It's true. Those Garrison chefs really know how to genetically manufacture a delicious vegetable." The man admitted.

"I wish I was going up with you guys." Pidge, back then known as Katie, sighed.

"Just you wait, kiddo. Somethings tells me you're going to have your own crew someday, and you're to fly with them to worlds so far away, we can't even imagine." Her dad encouraged. "I bet my bottom dollar that you're going to be a part of something that will make the whole universe sit up and take notice." He added and Katie smiled at him.

It was a happy time, but that happiness was lost, 5 months later, when the Galaxy Garrison reported that the Kerberos mission was a failure, and all crew members were believed to be dead. They said it was pilot error, but Katie didn't believe it. So she broke into the Garrison and hacked Iverson's computer to find the real truth.

"You again?" Said instructor says when he found her in his office. "Get off my computer! How did you get past the guards?" He said as he approached.

"You said the spacecraft went down die to pilot error. I saw the video feeds from your probes. There's no evidence of a crash anywhere on Kerberos!" She said back.

"Those feeds are classified! I could charge you with treason for hacking into them." The Garrison Commander said and drags her out of her office.

"Where's my family?" Katie grunts as Iverson unhands her.

"Escort Miss Holt off the premises, and make sure every guard knows she's never allowed on Garrison property ever again!" He orders a guard, who grabs her.

"You can't keep me out! I'll find the truth! I'll never stop!" She declares back.

-Flashback End-

"Okay. Talk me through it, Allura." Pidge says.

"Shutting down the barrier from this room can be dangerous." The Princess responds. "Remember, the barrier is also a weapon. So stay away from the energy arcs." She then warns.

"Don't touch the giant lightning bolts. Got it." Pidge says.

"Now, what I'm going to need you to do is--" Just before the Princess says it, Rover flies and pushes Pidge out of the way of an incoming shot. "Pidge? Hello?! Are you there?" The Princess asks when she hears the commotion.

~Alaina of Voltron~

Outside the Castle, Keith, Allura and Amue were still outside the particle barrier.