Chapter 6 - Waking up in a strange house

It was 7:30 in the morning when Alison woke up. She sat up and started to panic due to waking up in a different place when Alison heard something moving beside her, and she decided to look to see who it was. When she got closer, she realised it was Adrien, her Foster Dad, sleeping there. Alison shook Adrien, trying to wake him up. After 5 minutes of Alison shaking Adrien, trying to get him to wake up. Adrien had started to wake up when he felt someone shaking him. Once Adrien woke up, he saw his little girl standing beside his bed, staring at him.

"Morning Princess, what's wrong?" Adrien asked his Foster Daughter. As Adrien sat up and looked at Alison, waiting for her to say something, he knew she would probably not talk. Alison pointed to him, Marinette and the door. It took a bit for Adrien to realise what she was trying to say through her actions. "Do you want Marinette and me to go downstairs with you?" Adrien asked. Alison nodded. "Okay, Let's go and wake Marinette up, shell we, Princess," Adrien said as he got out of his bed and lifted Alison onto Marinette's bed with him sitting on the side of the ladder Marinette's bed.

Adrien gave Marinette a slight shake to wake her up. "What!!" she groaned, rolling over to sleep. Marinette could feel someone shaking her, but this time it was Alison instead of Adrien. "I'm awake," Marinette said as she took her time to sit up and grab her phone to check the time. "It's only 7:30am; what's with the early wakeup call?" she asked. "Someone here wants us to go downstairs with her," Adrien said as he pointed to Alison. "Morning, sweetheart, do you want some breakfast?" Marinette asked her Foster Daughter.

Alison got off the bed with some help from Adrien and walked over to the door. "I think that's a yes." Said Adrien stepping down from the ladder. Marinette got up and climbed down her ladder, and then she walked to the door to go downstairs. "I think she takes after you," Marinette said jokingly as she walked down the stairs to the kitchen. "Why do you say that?" Asked Adrien, "Well, for starters, she likes to wake up and get up early just like you." She giggled as they both arrived in the kitchen where Marinette's Mother was. "Fair point." He replied, giving Marinette a little push to the side. When they both got to the kitchen, they saw Alison sitting at the table drinking a cup of milk.

Sabine turned around and was shocked to see her daughter awake and up at 7:30am. "OMG," Sabine said as she took a photo of Marinette on her phone. "What was the photo for Mama?" Marinette asked. "Well, to prove that you're up this early," Sabine replied. Sabine turned to face her Granddaughter and said, "Did you know, Alison, that your mother has never been up this early on a Saturday morning before." Alison stared at her new Grandmother, shocked. "Never?" Adrien asked after seeing the shocked expression on his Daughters face and laughed a bit.

"Well, it looks like someone loves her bed too much," Adrien laughed. "I do not love my bed, thank you very much. I just like my sleep-ins on the weekends." Answered Marinette. "Ah huh, sure," Adrien said in a teasing voice. Sabine was heading down to the bakery, still laughing from what happened just a minute ago. "So, who wants pancakes for breakfast?" Marinette asked Adrien and Alison. "I do!" Adrien said as he licked his lips. Alison just stayed quiet and nodded. "Do you want to help me make them, sweetheart?" Marinette asked Alison.

Adrien helped his daughter down from the table while Marinette got a stool for Alison to stand on and got all the ingredients, plus all the bowls and spoons needed. While the girls were making pancakes for breakfast, Adrien sat at the table and watched them work together like a Mother and Daughter would. Once the pancakes were completed and ready to eat, Marinette got the jam out, and then the three of them sat at the table and ate breakfast together like they were a real family.

Once breakfast was over, Adrien helped Marinette with the dishes. "Mari, my limo will be here soon to take me home so I can do a few things and speak with my Father," Adrien said as he was drying the last lot of dishes. "Okay, that's fine. Will you be back?" Marinette asked. "Yea, of course, I will be back. I will be gone for an hour, 2 at the most." Adrien said. Marinette just nodded her head. As all the dishes were put away, Alison came up to her parents. 'Maybe I could call them Mummy and Daddy. They did say I could call them that. Alison thought as her Mother saw her. "Is everything alright, sweetheart?" Marinette asked Alison.

Alison just stood in front of her parents, looking at them. Marinette looked at Adrien, standing next to her, kneeling to her daughter's height. "Alison, what's wrong?" Marinette asked again. When Alison still did not say anything, Marinette started to worry that maybe she would not even start talking. Alison then walked over to the TV and pointed at it.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" Marinette asked Alison. When Alison nodded, Marinette thought that her pointing at things might be her way of communication. "Of course, we can. But first, we need to get change." Marinette said, picking Alison up just as Adrien's cell phone went off.

"My limo is here. I will see you both in a couple of hours. Adrien said. "Okay. We will see you soon then." Marinette said. "I will be back in a couple of hours, Princess," Adrien said as he gave his daughter a kiss goodbye and started walking towards the door. 'Why is Daddy leaving me.' Alison thought. Alison wriggled in her Mother's arms to let her know she wanted to go down.

Soon as Marinette put her down, she ran toward her Father and grabbed his hand before he could leave. Adrien turned around when he felt someone grab his hand and saw that it was Alison with tears in her eyes. "What's the wrong, Princess?" Adrien asked his crying daughter as he picked her up. "Daddy!" Marinette gasped when she heard Alison talk for the first time since they got her.

"Daddy, don' go," Alison said. "I have to, Princess," Adrien replied. "Don' ou want me anymore?" Alison asked her Father through her tears. "Of Course I do. I will always want you, Princess." Adrien said, trying to calm his daughter down. Marinette was watching the two when her heart broke when she heard that Alison thought Adrien did not want her anymore. "Why do you have ta go, Daddy?" Alison asked as she was calming down a bit. "Because I have to go and do a few things and talk to my Father.

Then I will be back." Adrien told Alison, "How about you go with Mummy and get dressed, then you can choose a movie, so when I get back, we can watch it together, Okay." Adrien said. This time Alison did not say anything, just nodded her head. Marinette walked over to them so she could grab her daughter out of her Father's arms. Adrien kissed Alison, then passed her to Marinette and said his goodbyes before leaving.