SUMMER, KIND OF WONDERFUL

Start from the beginning

"Humphr-woah. You look. Well, rich." Madeleine laughed, waving her emerald necklace in front of Dan. The boy secured it around her neck before they both descended the stairs to meet Celia.

"Well, don't you two look lovely. Madeleine you can keep that dress, you look wonderful." Celia smiled, "Now shall we go?"

Dan and Madeleine walked around the party of people dressed in white, desperately trying to find Serena or Nate. Eventually, Madeleine spotted the pair walking along side the pool, the redhead grasped Dan's hand before dragging him towards their two friends.

When Madeleine and Dan got close they saw Serena lock lips with Nate. Lonely Boy watched Madeleine's face drop at the sight, besides his feeling of pain, watching his newest friend crumble beside him was heart breaking. Madeleine felt her breath catch in her throat, her mouth grew dry whilst she watched her cousin and Nate kiss in front of her.

The two pulled away from each other, giggling at the previous interaction. Dan pushes his hand into his pocket before Serena and Nate turned to look at the pair. "Of course." Dan sighed.

"I'll see you later Dan, just tell me if you want a lift to Brooklyn later. I'm just gonna-yeah." Madeleine stuttered, turning in her heels and speed walking away from the scene.

"Madeleine stop! Please." She could hear Nate calling after her. Soon enough the boy cut her off, standing in front of her. "Nathaniel, move. I don't have time for this, I have people to see."

"No you don't." Nate announced. "Madeleine look at me, please." He whispered, the redhead kept her gaze on the floor, not wanting to look at the golden boy.

"Why do you care Nate? I shouldn't. So you kissed me at Lily and Bart's wedding before running after Vanessa. You have no obligations to me." Madeleine sighed, praying that the tears clouding her eyes wouldn't escape, to her dismay, her prayers were not answered.

"Oh, Madeleine come on no tears, remember?" Nate whispered, using his thumb to brush away the fallen tears. "I don't even know why I'm crying, God! This is pathetic, I am pathetic." Madeleine laughed at herself.

"Look I-I can't explain why Serena did that, but the only person I want to kiss is you." Nate sighed, pressing his forehead against Madeleine's.

"Is that why you ran after Vanessa, and then never called me all summer. Woah Nate, you really know how to get a girl." Madeleine scoffed.

"I didn't think you'd want to see me." Nate whispered.

"All I wanted this summer was to see you! I could've spent my time back in England with my family, but I wanted to say here in the hopes I'd see you. Along with everyone else." She muttered, her eyes still focus on the ground.

Madeleine was caught off guard when Nate presses his lips against hers. The kiss was different to their first one. It was an apology, and a make up for lost time. Madeleine's eyes fluttered closed as she smiled into the kiss. Madeleine reluctantly pulled away, her forehead still pressed against Nate's.

"I actually do have people to speak to." Madeleine whispered, trailing off at the end.

"They can wait." Nate number before connecting their lips again. Madeleine laughed into the kiss, letting herself get lost in the feeling. Madeleine once again broke the kiss, laughing softly once she had. "You're a good guy Nate, I'm gonna wait for you. Serena might have vented to me about your situation a few days ago. So, I'll wait. A day, a week, a month. If that's what you want."