SUMMER, KIND OF WONDERFUL

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN | summer, kind of wonderful

Spotted: Humble Humphrey and our Queen M sweating out the summer in Brooklyn. Why has our Queen traded the Hamptons for the. . . Humphreys.

very long chapter ahead

MADELEINE WAS HAULED up in the Humphrey loft. Jenny was busy at Eleanor Waldorf Designs, leaving Dan and Madeleine alone in the small home. Lonely Boy was shouting about his failed story, kicking chairs and muttering profanities.

"Dan, will you calm down please. So he dumped you, quit your whining and finish your story!" Madeleine groaned, banging her head against the table.

"He-He just wouldn't give me a chance I-I God!" Dan slammed his fist onto the countertop.

"Humphrey! Get your act together, you finish that story about Serena." Madeleine rose from her seat, clutching her bag. "But first, you get her back. All you done is pine all summer. So." Madeleine reached into her bag for her invitation. "White party, today in the Hamptons, were driving up there now, stop off at my Gran's and get you something white. Then you get your girl and I'll get smashed." Madeleine laughed.

"Have you seen Gossip Girl?" Dan questioned, walking into his bedroom for a jacket. "The whole Serena and Nate dating."

"Yes, I saw. But why should I care. I've got no reason to." Madeleine lied through her teeth.

"Mads, Vanessa told me." Dan sighed, picking up the keys to the loft. "So, whilst Nate and Vanessa aren't together, you can go talk to him while I get Serena."

"Well, I've go to say, summer's been really good. One of the best I've had, Brooklyn isn't so bad." Madeleine laughed walking down the buildings stairs.

Madeleine knocked on her Grandmothers door, waiting for her to open it. Dan shifted uncomfortably, which Madeleine had expected after the story Dan had recounted in the car.

"Madeleine, and Daniel Humphrey and can honestly say I'm surprised." Celia smiled, "Serena informed me that the two of you had broken up. And that you, my dear, were spending summer in New York."

"Couldn't miss the White Party now could I Gran?" Madeleine laughed, stepping inside with Dan closing the door behind them. "I knew you'd come, so there's an outfit for you on the bed, however Daniel I didn't anticipate your arrival." Celia began to walk up the stairs, the two teens behind her.

Madeleine's grandmother sifted through her wardrobe before pulling out a white suit. Madeleine recognised it as her late grandfathers, a suit she'd seen in pictures. "Very well then you two, do hurry, we're already late." Celia smiled before leaving the room.

Madeleine scurried into the en suite, her outfit clutched in her hands. She delicately traced the small flowers embroidered on the lace.

Madeleine fixed her hair after pulling on the dress, her grandmother had left accessories inside the dress bag, for Madeleine to wear. The redhead sectioned the top half of her hair, securing in with a white bow. She reapplied her lipstick before putting in her emerald earrings.