PILOT

CHAPTER ONE | pilot

Spotted at Grand Central, suitcases in hand, Serena Van Der Woodsen. Was it only a year ago our 'it' girl mysteriously disappeared for 'boarding school?' And just as suddenly, she's back, with a newbie by her side. Welcome to the Upper East Side, I cant wait to meet you.

MADELEINE WAS READY for her first day at her new school. Constance. The only upsides she could find for this school were a new start. And of course no uniform. Instead she stood in the mirror of her new bedroom, staring intensely at herself. Black tights, pleated jade skirt and a chanel blouse tucked inside. Her finishing touch? A green satin bow, tied around two pieces of her ginger locks am that hung at the back of her head.

Serena was leaning against the doorframe, watching her cousin fix her appearance over and over. "All you need now is a burberry blazer." Serena smiled, passing Madeleine a present box.

Madeleine squealed when she opened the present box, clutching the cream blazer in her hands. Madeleine wrapped her arms around her cousin tightly before sliding her new coat round her body.

"Perfect." Serena giggled whilst Madeleine span in place.

"Serena?" Madeleine smiled softly. "Do you think people will like me?" Her cousin wrapped her arm around her shoulder, walking out of Madeleine's room slowly. "As long as your rich, people will love you. Trust me." Madeleine rolled her eyes, before laughing at the truth in Serena's statement.

Serena tugged on Madeleine, pulling her into the elevator. The pair would be late if they didn't practically run to their car. "Jesus Serena." Madeleine began, trying to regain her breath whilst the limo drove away. "I didn't realise we were already in p.e." She giggled.

"Did you see Gossip Girl last night?" Serena questioned, causing confusion to run throughout Madeleine.

"No." She drew out, "Did she come over or something?" She questioned, causing Serena to attempt holding in her laugh. Complete failure.

"Now it's a website, look." Serena pushes her phone into Madeleine's hand, the article about her return was displayed in the screen. A picture above showed Serena and Madeleine looking over the balcony in Grand Central.

"God, I look disgusting." Madeleine sighed, passing Serena her phone, "People have no privacy around here then?"

"Afraid not, but." Serena began, "We're here." The pair jumped out of the car, both staring at the building in front of them. Serena smiled and began to walk inside, but Madeleine just couldn't face it. "You coming M?"

"I'll catch up later, I just need five minutes." Madeleine smiled, watching Serena walk out of sight. The young brit pulled her phone out of her school bag, reluctantly typing 'Gossip Girl' into the search engine. She engrossed herself in reading those 8 lines. She was officially, here.

Madeleine shuffled her feet along the floor, still staring at the gossip girl page that lit up her screen. The young girl was too engrossed in her phone to even notice the person right in front of her until she walked straight into them.

"Oh gosh, I'm so-I didn't mean- shit." Madeleine rambled. The red-hair looked up at who she'd wandered straight into. He wore a blue trench coat which hung around his body, a red scarf draped over his neck, complimenting his chocolate hair.