VICTOR, VICTROLA

CHAPTER SEVEN | victor, victrola

Have you heard Upper East Siders? Burlesque is all the rage again. And sometimes a little raging is exactly what you need. And as always, Chucks aiming to be ahead of the curves.

"MADELEINE, HURRY PLEASE." Lily called through the home, prompting her young niece to trample down the stairs. "I just had a lovely call from The Captain. Nathaniel needs tutoring with his Literature." Lily moved to sit down, indicating for Madeleine to sit beside her.

"Thursdays, after school The Captain expects two hours of tutoring for Nate, and he's willing to pay." Lily's eyebrows raised, a smirk plastered on her face.

"Tell him I'll be there tonight, for free." Madeleine laughed pulling her bag over her shoulder. "Text me the address, Aunt Lil, I'll be home afterwards."

Madeleine pulled her socks over her knees, before slipping into her oxfords before tumbling out of the limo. Most people gawked at the red head as she walked past. The students on the Upper East Side would not let it go until something bigger came about.

"Jenny! Jenny!" Madeleine called for the young girl, smiling at her once she caught up. "Did you enjoy your night at the ball? I never saw you after." Madeleine trailed off, not wanting Jenny to know she saw the intimate moment between herself and Nate.

"It was. . . fun." Jenny laughed awkwardly. "Look I need to go. Bye" Jenny scurried away from Madeleine, leaving the girl in a confused state.

Serena walked with Madeleine, Dan clinging onto the blonde. Madeleine fumbled with her phone, staring down at the text messages she had.

Aunt Lily: Here's the Address. -Lily x

Edward: I want to see you.

Madeleine scrolled through copious amount for messages from Edward, flipping from rude insults to loving messages. The brit deleted his number, violently throwing it into her Chanel school bag.

"I gotta go S, I'll see you at home. Bye Humphrey." Madeleine laughed, walking down the streets, hoping to find her own way to the Archibald residence.

Eventually, Madeleine arrived at the address her aunt had sent her. She fiddled with the end of her pleated school skirt, blowing out her lips before hesitantly knocking on the door in front of her.

An older woman, around late 30's, opened the door, a large pearl necklace clasped around her neck. She stood with poise, looking down at the girl in front of her. "Can I help you?" She questioned, her voice sharp and cold.

"Is Mr Archibald here?" Madeleine questioned quietly. It was as if The Captain had heard the girls question when he appeared behind the woman.

"Let the girl in Anne she's here to help Nate with his grades." Anne moved to let Madeleine in, still looking down on her condescendingly. "Just walk through to the dinning room, Nate'll be down in a minute."

Madeleine kept her eyes glued to the floor when she shuffled past Nate's parents, not daring to look back at his mother. She could hear the two adults whispering, no doubt about her. The young girl situated herself at the large oak table, pulling study material out of her school bag.