MUCH 'I DO' ABOUT NOTHING

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN | much 'i do' about nothing

very long chapter ahead

LILY HAD DECIDED that Serena and Madeleine (although both being bridesmaids) should wear different dresses. Serena had already spent half the day trying to convince her cousin to swap the clothing, however it was a waste of time. Madeleine was already changed and in the process of applying her makeup.

Blair entered the small back room, sitting beside Serena on the sofa. "I'm gonna find Chuck, I'll see you, walking down the isle I guess." Madeleine laughed at her own statement and left the two life long friends to discuss.

Madeleine found Chuck at the entrance of the venue, rehearsing his best man speech that the two had worked on that morning. "Charles." Madeleine sang, catching the attention of the stressed teen. "How's the reading going? Anything I might enjoy?"

"Not now Madeleine. I'm stressed enough." Chuck moaned, looking back at his cars.

A limousine pulled up beside the two teenagers, which wasn't out of the ordinary considering their lifestyle. The pair watched as Howard and Nate Archibald climbed out of the car.

"Captain! Hi, it's good to see you again." Madeleine smiled, shaking the mans hand. She avoided mentioning in front of Chuck that she had seen Howard in rehab. "You too Madeleine, I though you would've come down again with Nathaniel." The Captain smiled.

"I'm sure Nate just wanted some time alone with you. I did enjoy seeing you Captain, I've missed out Thursday door step chats." Madeleine and Nate's father laughed, before pulling themselves out of their conversation.

Madeleine turned to Nate, grinning at him like a child looking at a sweet. "Well, well Archibald you clean up nice." She smiled softly, wrapping her arms around his neck. Nate returned her gestured, pulling her close to him, his arms tight around her waist. Nate places a soft kiss on her cheek before they let go, Madeleine turned with her cheeks reddening to see Chuck smirking at the exchange, which the Captain also saw.

"So best man, you ready to make your dad proud?" The Captain asked Chuck, a smile on his face.

"Good to see you Captain." Chuck smiled, "Nate." He said monotonously, tension swirling in the air.

"Wow. Clearly I missed something while I saw away." The captain observed, shifting his weight from his heels to the balls of his feet. "Little advice fellas, you've been friends a long time. Whoever she is, she's not worth it."

"Couldn't agree more." Chuck chimed.

"That's the problem." Nate mumbled, walking past Chuck. However he only got a few steps away before he was called again. "Nathaniel Archibald. You stop this second." Madeleine instructed.