Chapter 134: The Reawakening (EP. 01)

▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▄▀▄

                        :  𝐓 𝐇 𝐄 
             𝐑 𝐄 𝐀 𝐖 𝐀 𝐊 𝐄 𝐍 𝐈 𝐍 𝐆 🌀

𝕰𝖕𝖎𝖘𝖔𝖉𝖊 𝕺𝖓𝖊 - 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕮𝖆𝖑𝖒 𝕭𝖊𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕾𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖒

▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀▄▀▄▄▀▄

Location | Ignaera

Night fall has taken over the skies with the moon hanging high above the heavens, the periwinkle colored clouds dense and turbulent as they accompanied the gleaming stars.

The kingdom of Ignaera is a reflection of the night sky with its yellow street lights, glowing in a foreshadowed sea of houses, buildings, towers and other various man made structures.

In the palace, however, lies an unsatisfied soul who blended amongst the shadows of the pillars.

Uneasy golden eyes loomed over as an approaching figure began to wander around aimlessly, as if he was looking for something, or someone.

The golden eyed man finally showed himself entirely to the visitor nonchalantly, his face stoic and lacking emotion.

Asbjorn frowned. "Kangree, where have you been? I've sent a search party to look for you across multiple villages."

"Why would my happy go lucky brother be so concerned about his outcast sibling?" Kangree flatly retorted.

Asbjorn bit his lip and tapped his foot awkwardly before adding, "I've told you to not wear that mask outside, children are not fond with someone who looks menacing."

"And the children are not of my concern," Kangree coldly rebutted.

Stay calm, breathe it in, the young king sighed deeply, that's not your brother speaking, that's his... Other self.

"I see," Asbjorn pressured a smile to grace his the confines of his dimples, being the optimist that he forced himself to be, "Are you off to turn in, then?"

The darker haired man scoffed, smoothing out his black haori, "I have better things to do than sleep. I was going somewhere, anyway."

"Don't you think it's a little bit late—"

Kangree rolled his eyes before storming off in swiftly, wind binding before every step. His body glided and pierced through the air as he ran, as if he was a free hawk meant to fly.

"He'll come around," Asbjorn muttered hopelessly, "He'll come around."

••••

"You got the night shift ahead of you, eh?"

Elias chuckled and nodded before his friend, "Unfortunately."

Elliott lazily swung his booted foot fearlessly at the edge of the deck, "Well, I'm heading home. The fog's getting thick. Are you sure you're alright to be by yourself at late hours?"

Elias dismissively waved his hand while his other held a mug of coffee, "I am more than capable," he took a brief sip, "You should really go now. You wouldn't want your little one waiting for his father."