Chapter 12: Party or Corpse Party?

Start from the beginning

Even if she begged, she will have to wait until she turned into an adult properly. That's when he consider of letting her getting married or have a lover.

"I didn't notice that father is already here. I am done now, let's go!" Caroline went to grab her father's hand, leading him out of her room.

"Um, tonight you look incredibly beautiful. I never thought my daughter would actually grows up this fast." Even though his smile was small, everyone could tell how happy he is.

"En, father also look very handsome yourself too." Caroline let out a small laugh as they both head to the carriage waiting from the outside.

"Have a safe trip." Her mother waved her hand from the door of the mansion with several maids including Silvana with her.

"Take care of yourself too!" Caroline shouted back, waving her hand too.

Due to her weak body, madame Georgiana was unable to attend the party. She was kept inside the house ever since she gave birth of Caroline.

As the duke, the Georgiana family doesn't have to line up like other nobles too. They perfectly could went inside without being interrupted by guards.

Alistair get off first then reaches out his hand with one knee, kneeling on the ground. His actions grab many attention of the aristocrats and many of the guards too.

With a red face, Caroline quickly climbed down with her father's help but was tripped on the second step.

Alistair, being a really sharp person, quickly grab her in one arm and scoop her up in his arm.

He walked into the ballroom with no what so ever expression on. The servant who is here to announced the name of noble was totally staring at the father-daughter duo.

Only when Alistair step down the stairs, the servant quickly announced their name.

"Here comes the second duke of Zariya empire!! Duke Alistair Georgiana and his daughter, Caroline Georgiana!!!"

Every single person turned their heads to both of them. Caroline tried to get down but her father didn't even faze.

'UwU....let me down please....' Caroline wanted to hide her face but this is a banquet.

Alistair, being the one of the most powerful figure in Zariya didn't give a single damn to the nobles. His only matter was, only when he's satisfied with holding his daughter, that's when he will let her go.

How could he let some guys approach her?! He's already senses their gazes from behind.

Caroline scanned the crowd to find her two only friends. Oscar and Atlas isn't here yet.

She will run as soon as she see them!

The betrayal thought of leaving her father alone entered her brain.

"Caroline, do you want to eat something in any particularly?" Alistair carried her to the table with food glittering like star.

"Macaron...I want to eat macaron..." Caroline's face blushed with happiness. She craved macaron for a long time now...

Alistair handed her the white plate filled colourful macaron. She happily munched them while her father happily look at his daughter.

The father-daughter was in peace.

"Here comes-AHHH!!!!!" The announcer screamed terrifyingly while running away.

The ballroom now is in silent. Only heavy footstep could be hear inside the Banquet.

Caroline dropped her half eat macaron on the crown while her face was in horror.

Thanatos with a corpse of a man in his arm threw on the ground in front of the emperor.

His elegant attire was now soaked in blood. Caroline covered her mouth and hug her father's neck.

This is the first she ever saw corpse. What was Thanatos doing with the corpse?!

"Thanatos, what do you mean by this?" The emperor slammed his hand on the throne.

"I just wanted to say that there is some bug wanted to kill me. I just want brother to find justice for me. I hope you can investigate on this man and the assassination matter."

"I lost interest in celebration now, I will return to my mansion."

After that, Thanatos walked out like it was nothing.

The emperor quickly called his guards to take the corpse away and someone came to clean the blood.

"Caroline!!"

Oscar and Atlas called her name and Alistair finally put her down.

"Oscar! Atlas!" The three reunited.

"Are you okay? I hope you won't fainted." Despite being a jerk, Atlas's concerned face almost make everyone who knew him shocked.

"Y-yeah...I'm fine...that's okay." With the help of Oscar, Caroline was able to stand up.

"Your highness, I know that this may be an impudent act but I hope you can look over my daughter for a second."

"Don't worry, duke! I will make sure Caroline is safe with us."

"Thank you your majesty." After that, her father left to find the emperor.

"Father has went too far this time..." Atlas cupped his fist tightly.

That moment is when Caroline realized Thanatos was no longer the innocent little guy who only insult her but he now has become the tyrant bloodthirsty villain.

Caroline knew everything was her fault...if only she could changed his personality. Maybe it wouldn't be that bad.

From now, Coraline will change to Caroline
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Saw comments for update after Logging in

Me: Omg...UwU I love you guys

-Saw my followers have reached 209 followers

Me: YESSSSSSSSSS (Mentally because the house behind me has workers to fix their house.)

I have to closed my curtain everyday....and its fucking hotter than hell

Thank you very much for editing this chapter PotatoeWolfie I love when it when we chat about our common interest ><