Chapter 3

The car came to a stop in front of a giant house after what felt like hours. I stayed slumped against the passenger side door even as he turned to look at me.

"We're home mate." He said, but I ignored him.

He got out from the car and I hoped fervently he would just leave me in it. The thought of going into his house terrified me and I was unable to even try to escape right now.

My unsaid wish went unanswered as he made his way around the car, pulling open the door, and resting his hand on my shoulder to keep my boneless form from falling over. He leaned over me, undoing my seatbelt before picking me up into his arms.

I elbowed him weakly as he closed the car door, but he didn't even seem to notice. He carried me up the driveway with ease, setting me down leaned against him as he used one hand to pull his keys from his pocket. Unlocking the door and pushing it open before scooping me up again.

He carried me in to the house and I kept my eyes focused on the tall white ceiling, having no desire to look at him or the hellish place he had brought me to. He walked through the house and up some stairs, not seeming as though carrying me was any sort of strain on him.

He threw open another door and flicked on the light as he walked in, setting me down gently on the bed, leaned up against the headboard. I looked around to see I was in a bedroom about half as big as a floor of my house. Sat on a bed so big that it made my legs look like those of a doll's taking up only a little bit of space. The walls were a steel grey, bed sheets black and made of silk, and around the room was black furniture.

I looked at the Alpha to see him already looking down at me, a look of deep satisfaction on his face that made my insides twist in disgust. I turned my head away from him, wanting to hide away under the covers but reluctant to completely let him out of my sight. Not like I could ever stop him from doing anything he wanted to me, but at least I would see it coming.

"I can smell the fear on you little mate. Sleep, I will not touch you tonight." He said making my eyes flash up to him, equal parts relieved and afraid. I wished fervently that he had not specified by saying tonight because it implied he would touch me eventually.

"The washroom is there, shower if you would like, wear this after."

He opened a drawer of his dresser and took out a black shirt, throwing it onto the opposite corner of the bed from where I sat.

"I will be just down the hall in my study if you need anything. I'll be listening in so don't do anything foolish." He warned. I didn't even so much as move to let him know I had heard him so he seemed to give up waiting on any sort of a response.

"Sleep little one, you've had a tough day." The Alpha said, hands twitching at his sides as though he wanted to touch me, but luckily seemed to think better of it and left the room.

I sighed deeply as he closed the door behind him, wishing I could cry but having run out of tears on the long drive here. I wished I hadn't been so dumb as to try to call Ethan in front of him, had I not I still would have had my phone. I could have called my parents and asked them to check on him for me, cried to my mom about what had happened to me.

Considering there was nothing else I could do, and sleep was still very far from me despite how exhausted I was, I decided to take a shower. Getting off the bed, I stood unsteadily on my numb legs. Walking awkwardly around the bed to grab the shirt he had left out for me.

My gaze fell to my arm where he had scratched me, the sleeve of my white dress torn and stained red with a few drops of blood that had welled up from the scratches he had left.