Chapter 1

I turned around from my spot perched on the bonnet of my car as I heard the sound of a car coming down the road. I sighed as I realized it was far too expensive to be the one I was waiting for, a sleek black car that rolled down the road as smoothly as water.

I had admittedly arrived ten minutes early but that was only cause I had been having trouble sleeping. Butterflies were dancing around in my stomach and even I couldn't completely discern whether they were from nerves or excitement.

I felt a smile appear on my face as I turned at the sound of another engine and saw Ethan's car driving down the road towards me. It wasn't the first time I was seeing him since he had proposed, but the thought of him being my fiancé and getting to spend the rest of my life with him still made me smile.

He pulled his little old Honda right up next to my Toyota. I had to press my lips together to suppress a laugh as he threw his door open and the car began beeping loudly in protest. He swore under his breath as he slipped back in and took out his keys, muttering reassurances to the car as he got out.

"Did you say goodbye?" I asked as he finally rounded the car to where I was sitting on the hood of mine after seemingly having a full muttered one-sided conversation with his car.

"Haha very funny." He responded, but the smile on his face gave it away that he wasn't really irritated.

I let out a little gasp in surprise as he grabbed me by the knees and tugged me closer to the edge of my car. I wrapped my arms around his neck, leaning in to press a soft kiss to his lips.

"Sorry about the coffee breath." He said sheepishly and I laughed breathily against his mouth.

"I'm pass caring."

When you spend nearly 6 years together things like coffee breath stop mattering. Coffee wasn't strong enough to keep me from kissing my fiancé, although I would never say that to him. It would only encourage him to say all the sappy, cheesy things he already does.

"You do know my parents are going to feed you breakfast right, and that includes coffee?"

"Yeah but you've seen me before coffee, I don't want your dad seeing that freak show and changing his mind about giving us his blessing." Ethan said.

"My dad loves you, he's just quiet so he doesn't express it as much. And how come you're not worried about my mom?" I asked.

"Please, I have bagged your mom, she loves me."

"Gross, say you've bagged my mom again and I will call off this wedding. The expression is in the bag, not bagged." I corrected, wrinkling my nose. He pressed a quick kiss to my wrinkled nose. For whatever strange reason I could never understand, he found the way I wrinkled my nose adorable, although personally I thought my nose was too big for anything regarding it to ever be called adorable.

"You're being meaner than usual, are you nervous about the Alpha meeting?" Ethan asked.

Every human who was part of an Alpha's territory had to submit a formal request to get married. That meant all humans since the law had been changed years ago saying it was mandatory for humans to be part of a pack,The request was then processed, a very basic background check was done for whatever creepy wolfy reason and then you were given an appointment to meet with your Alpha in person.

Well really it wasn't just your Alpha, it was your Alpha and the Alphas of any surrounding pack territory. They would all under the pretense of accepting the request and giving you their best, also sniff you to determine whether either of the humans was a mate to one of their pack members. For Ethan and I that meant along with our Alpha, two other Alphas would be present to sniff us and make sure we didn't belong to any of their wolves.