•第3章•

"STOP THIS BARBARIC ACT IMMEDIATELY!"
The audience whipped their heads towards the Prince and gasped.

"My Goodness...!"
"Oh my...!"
"I wasn't even aware that His Highness was there!"

Suddenly, 4 guards rushed onto the stage, and sped over to Lucy.

"Ack...!"

They threw her on her knees and held her arms up limply. She lowered her head, her frizzled dirty blonde hair curtained in front of her. Such shame she felt.

"Your Highness~" The host called out, smugly.

The Prince whipped his head around.

"You have no right to stop this auction. It's against the law. And NO ONE, is above the law. That includes you, Your Majesty," The Host said, as he turned around and walked back to the stage.

"AAAAAALRIGHT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN--my apologies regarding the crude opening--BUT WE HAVE YET TO FINISH THE PRESENTATION FOR THE 101ST CANDIDATE~!"

A huge bustle started up in the crowd.

"My word! They're still continuing?!"
"I actually feel bad for her now..."
"Let's go, we're leaving. I can't take this anymore...!"

"Oho~?"
"This one look like a sweet one though~"
"Let's wait until the bidding begins!"

The Prince reluctantly walked back to his seat, and stared angrily at the stage before him.

"I swear, when this auction is over, I'll have his head..." he grumbled darkly.
His guard next to him chuckled nervously, before averting his eyes away from the stage.

"How dare he use the law against me."

Lucy's POV

My head spun as I looked down at the wooden floor.

"COMING FROM THE BARBARIAN LAND, DEFEATED BY OUR OWN EMPIRE..."

My eyes widened at those words.
How do they know my origins?

"A SLAVE FROM SIEBRA..."

They stood me up to my feet.

"I PRESENT YOU, LUCILLE."

My blood turned cold. How do they...?

No, no! This isn't how it's meant to be! What if they....what if they find out...

NO POV

The Crown Prince leaned forward in his seat. "Siebra...?"

"Yes, Your Highness! I have heard rumours that Siebra is the country of those barbaric people. In fact, people refer to them as monsters because of the inhumane strength," A guard spoke, as he replaced the other guard who was beside the Prince.

"Hm...?" The Crown Prince continued to stare at the woman on the stage. "Do you really expect me to believe such childish rumours?"

"NOW, I'M SURE YOU'VE ALL HEARD THE RUMORS! HOWEVER, WHAT WOULD BE BETTER THAN WITNESSING THE TRUTH BEHIND THEM FOR YOURSELVES?" The Host grinned, which earned him a delighted uproar from the crowd.

"WHICH IS WHY WE'VE PREPARED SOMETHING REALLY SPECIAL. TAKE A LOOK!"

The Crown Prince stood up instantly. "What's going on? What are they..."

Three auction helpers began to remove a cloth of a huge square item. Once they flung the cloth off, it revealed a cage full of 3 wild wolves.

S N A R L ~