''Wow this wonderful, whose office is this?'' ''Yours'', he replied simply as if it were everyday he gave someone an office like this. Jade couldn't contain the gleeful giggle that escaped her lips, she spun around while taking the whole view of the room but stopped when she realize how childish she was behaving. ''I mean this is very generous of you, this office is very elegant'. Marcus nodded and couldn't help the leap his heart made at her gratitude.

''I am having a meeting today with some clients from Germany to close an important deal, I expect you to be there''. '' Do I take notes?'' ''Yes but do not express your opinions or object, you will tell me your findings privately''. Her head snapped up, her quick mind immediately grasped the wisdom behind his words, she smiled and shook her head.

''What?'' he asked ''I understand a little why people say you are very astute, it's uncanning''. ''Really? Are there anymore understanding you would like to share?'' Jade giggled and shook her head. ''I will flatter you no further Mister Valiant'', she said and waltzed away, Marcus chuckled and shook his head fondly.

As soon as work began Jade understood why the media nicknamed Marcus 'ruthless'. His gaze gave its object of focus a cause to stop and rethink. She saw the look of admiration on the faces of his employees and how Marcus would cringe when given a compliment, she saw how much his employees watched and imitated his actions and how loyal they were to him and she was once again grateful that God foresaw this and put his son Marcus to lead his employees the right way. 

If only people would learn to follow what is right the world would be so much better, she began to pray, 'Father your word has taught me that you are the author and finisher of our faith and I know that when we keep our focus on you we would not stray. I know you know what I'm about to say but I also know you want me to say it, I care way too much for my boss than I should, I don't want to cause problems for my sisters so guide me Lord to do the right thing and also bless and comfort Marcus so he remains strong in you in Jesus name Amen".

She finished praying in time to hear Marcus's voice through the intercom; she went to his office and stood waiting until he looked up surprised. ''I thought you had gone?'' ''Did you want me to leave before you?'' she asked ''We can leave right now if you are ready''.

''Yes I am''. Marcus stood to his intimidating height and grabbed his jacket and coat while sh
utting down his system. Jade came back with her bag and coat in hand and followed him to the lift. He placed his hand on the small of her elbow to guide her. ''It's okay to brief me now'', he said as he slid in beside her.

''Okay, Mr Anderson was bluffing when he said he had other deal similar to this one because this deal is too good to pass up so it doesn't make sense to brag about dismissing many of its kind. He assistant is the brain that brings it all but Mr Anderson does not want people to know this''. By time she was done Marcus had turned to face her completely. ''What?''

''How do you know this?'' he asked so she continued, ''Up until the point where he said they had produced 30% more than they had in the space of six months I believed him, he stood in one spot and maintained eye contact with each person as if daring anyone to object his facts, he started bluffing when his points became a tad bit inconsistent, his strides were light and jerky and his assistant had to send him points to backup his lies from then on''.

''Hence your conclusion?'' he asked.

''Hence my conclusion Sir''.

''You don't have to call me Sir, it makes me sound old, call me Marcus''. ''No I couldn't possibly do that you know', she replied immediately. ''You either call me Marcus or you resi.....'' ''Marcus!'' she immediately cut him off. He never got tired of hearing her say his given
name; he held her gaze and smiled. ''I want to hear it again''.