1.1.3 (20) | Issue 3: Things Are Alright

Start from the beginning

"Okay, go ahead" Bart agrees, knowing what is about to happen.

She thinks of something, "How many people are down there, on the field?", with little care, not actually wanting to know about it, she laughs at Bart's reaction. 

Bart laughs, understanding what she tries to do. He goes on with her plan, "Not gonna tell ya", not answering her first question.

"Aw! How mean!" June imitates. And quickly asks her next question, the one has to be answered, "Do you have a peaceful place, like this?" she asks, actually wanting to know. 

"A peaceful place?" Bart sees. June defines her meaning, "Yeah, like a place you go to calm down, and just be, peaceful. To be alone, a place only you know about". 

Bart looks down at the ground in thought, "I guess I do", he only states. 

June waits for his answer, and says "Well? What is it?". 

"You asked if I had one" Bart says, while laughing to himself. 

"Oh, come one!" she shouts in realisation of what he means. 

Bart accepts, "Okay, okay. I'll say". She smiles, happy that he conformed. "I guess, um. Music is a way to give me peace, listening to slow, quiet music, ones that can be peaceful. But, also, Karate, that can be peaceful, only because of the slow, distinct movements. They're nice, they're relaxing", he explains. 

"A place", June states, wanting to know a place not a thing, although she likes his answer.

"Okay, okay" Bart agrees. He gives in, "Water, a river" Bart answers. "Not like that river", he points toward them, where everyone is. "Like, a hidden river. One where it's quiet, and you're the only one there. It just symbolizes peace. It's a great place to be when you need to cool off, you know", he continues, and thinks he's stopped, but suddenly realises he has more to say, "Just hearing the gradual flow of the slow water, while sitting on some mud, against the water. Looking at nature. The reflection of the water, showing the trees above it, or yourself. It's just calm. I love listening to music, I do, but I have to say, silence is better, or the silence of the water. I don't what's about it, but it just assembles peace", he thinks about a specific location to further explain his answer, "There is a certain place. You won't know it. I go alone, randomly, sometimes. Near Front Street, and across the field. There's this enclosed area, with a small river space. I've never gone there with anybody else". He looks back at June, having not looked at her at all in this answer, not wanting to see her immediate reaction because of his nonsense shame, she is intensely gripped by Bart's words. "So, yeah. That's my answer", he gulps. 

"Wow, that's amazing", June replies, stunned and incomprehension to Bart's closeness of his peaceful place. June and Bart look at each other, then she looks at his lips, she moves towards his lips, and locks them with hers, kissing him. She romantically adds tongue, so Bart does too. Bart tastes her saliva, and cherry lipstick in his mouth. After a few moments, they separate. 

"My favourite place is a fucking restaurant" June jokes on her behalf, while it being true. They both laugh. 

When their laughs go, June's face in close proximity as Bart's. Bart's arm around her back, blocking her in with him. She looks straight at his eyes, and says, "I wanna go with you, there. At the river", wanting to see this magically explained place, and embrace the same naturistic and emotional description by Bart.