1.1.1 (9)

Catholic High School

School, again.

Bart, Kian, and the rest of the students are now in a Religious Education class, which no one here is actually religious, no one is even sure that the teacher is, he just studies the subject. Bart sitting next to his friend, Kian, to his left on a two-sweater desk.

Bart's two other friends are sitting in front of him, Brodie and Chloe. Also, June is in this same class, her sitting on the opposite side of the classroom from Bart, again.

Religious Education is a mandatory subject, no one wants to take it, everyone has to take it. Although Bart may be in a Catholic School, he is not catholic, he has never really labeled or thought about his opinionated religion, but if he would have to decide, he would say "atheist".

The teacher continues his subject, "So, if, let's say, a pacifist was placed into a difficult situation, where a criminal was about to kill his family, and the pacifist's only natural decision could be to use self-defense to protect his family, therefore afflicting harm upon the criminal, so his loved one stays safe. Or, would the pacifist's extreme opinions prevent him from performing any violent attacks against the criminal? Would the pacifist bend his own rules, alienating his opinion? Or, sacrifice his family in the result of keeping his extreme opinions alive?" descriptively explaining the matter.

No one puts their hand up or attempts to answer, because... they don't know the answer. Really, they don't know if there is an answer. The Indian teacher, Mr. Hlad, meant that it was a rhetorical question.

This matter absorbs Bart's interest and attention, onto philosophy and ethics. He does wonder what they would do. Honestly, he just believes that it depends on the person, he thinks; no matter how extreme their opinion would be, there is no way a mentally healthy civilian would not protect their family if they had to chance, even if they were to cause harm to a person. I mean, he thinks, a person in their right mind would think, "If a person was so bad to kill someone's family, for no clarified reason, then would you necessarily care about their wellbeing? Forgetting about your beliefs and opinions on violence", he thinks that, killing someone that had the idea to murder someone's family does not deserve to be harmed if had the chance, to protect innocent people. No one is that stupid. It's these types of matters that would change a pacifist's beliefs differently. Bart thinks, all this stuff is stupid, if you have to do something to protect, for the better, you do it. There's too much figurative shit out there.

There is reason for Bart being interested, is because of an event in his past. Which he never talks about since he had to.

Bart doesn't answer the question, and drops his idea, still understanding that he is correct though.

Bart, again, gets the urge to face a certain student in the classroom, someone he has done this to before. That person being; June. Surprise!

He glances for a second, then looks away, then looks back again, but this time, she looks too. They meet eyes, exchanging looks. It is crazy how recurring this is. However, this time, they don't turn away, they lock eyes, understanding that both of them should stop pushing away what they want, and take the risk... not to look away.

June sends Bart an understanding smirk, lifting her lip, as she gains a sudden blitz of adventure. Bart does the same to June, with more hysteria and commotion. So, now, I guess, June and Bart are randomly both looking at each other. Yeah.

Kian, whose eyes are closed in boredom, and his hand leaning on his cheek with his elbow on the table, decides to take a glance at Bart beside him. Fortunately, Kian notices Bart looking at June, and smiling. Kian tracks exactly where Bart's eyes are directing to, which is June, and then he notices, June looking at Bart, and smiling. Kian tracks exactly where June's eyes are directing to, which is Bart. Kian looks back at June, then at Bart, then back at June, and finally at Bart, again. His face is just... "what?", without verbalizing it.