outtake #6: in this life

MAYA GROANS, STIRRING in bed at the slightly aching sensation that travelled up her limbs, especially her legs, but more than that, the feeling of satisfaction that soothed her body

Beside her, Claudine snoozes away, her pink lips parted as she mumbles in her sleep, something that Maya had gotten used to over the countless times they had woken up next to each other.

"Tuna," she mumbles blissfully, and Maya fails to hold back her laughter, releasing it as small chuckles that fill the room. She nuzzles the soft, blonde tuft of hair that falls over her forehead just as Claudine wakes, opening her eyes blearily and blinking cutely up at Maya, her lips already curling into a frown.

Maya smiles down at her. "Morning."

"Somebody slept well," Claudine grumbles, though her frown's a little elevated. Maya chuckles and kisses her forehead, already used to their morning routine, which consisted of Claudine being gruff till she gets coffee.

She snakes her arms a little tighter around Claudine, one moving to cradle her head, and the other pulls her closer to Maya by the waist. "Of course, I slept beside an angel."

Claudine groans in exasperation, her cheeks a pretty shade of pink as her eyes roam over the naked skin of Maya's chest. "Flattery's getting you absolutely nowhere."

Maya smirks, her body feeling extremely light and well-rested from the tiring day of work yesterday. And then something hit her. The filming. It was tomorrow.

Claudine feels her freeze up almost immediately. She shifts in Maya's arms, which were now slightly loosened, and says softly. "Hey, let's go make some pancakes. How about that?"

Maya breathes in deeply and nods. That'll be a nice distraction. "I'd like that."

Claudine cracks a small smile and brushes Maya's hair from her eyes to place a kiss between her brows, and Maya unconsciously relaxes. "Come on, then. I'll be waiting in the kitchen, so put some clothes on."

She makes to get up, but Maya holds her in place, now running her lips over Claudine's hairline and sighing. "Stay for a little bit?"

Claudine releases a huff of her own and gives in, understanding as always. She takes the opportunity to indulge in that smell of jasmine tea that Maya always had on her skin as she presses her nose into the dip of Maya's throat. "Just a little."

"Thank you," Maya mumbles, sighing into Claudine's hair. She really needed this distraction. Concentrate on the day's events and don't think about it, she tells herself firmly.

"Want to talk about it?" Claudine asks softly.

"Not really," Maya presses her mouth to Claudine's impossibly soft blonde hair, gently inhaling the scent of her shampoo. If she thought about it too much, that nauseous feeling might surface again, and she didn't want to deal with that right now. "Having you here is more than enough, I assure you."