outtake #3: hot and cold

CLAUDINE WRINKLES HER nose, trying to suppress the urge to sneeze

CLAUDINE WRINKLES HER nose, trying to suppress the urge to sneeze. Groaning, she eases back, but the ticklish sensation comes back, sparking an irritated noise at the back of her throat.

Eventually, she does find the resolution to snap her eyes open, and the culprit wasn't Maya's bangs, as she had originally assumed.

The room was unbearably cold, though the blanket covered her till her chin, and she feels a shiver work its way up her spine underneath the sleeveless nightgown she had worn to sleep the night before. She glances down at Maya, afraid that she might be cold, but realises that Maya was wearing her grey sweater, so it shouldn't be much of an issue for her.

Oh, but Claudine was feeling extremely grumpy and sleepy, and the cold definitely wasn't helping.

Maya had been extremely fidgety in her sleep throughout the entire night — she had been having nightmares since they had watched Resident Evil: Vendetta two days ago — and had returned home late the day before with special discs of her favourite romcom, so it was no surprise that she was asleep now (usually, she'd be the first one up).

And so Claudine didn't have a basis for her lethargy or the familiar feeling of irritation worm its way into her chest when Maya had gone through so much needless effort to obtain those cds for her.

Damn Tendō Maya.

Another shiver spurs Claudine to tighten her hold on Maya, who was a familiar warmth.

Ah–she remembers the cause of this deathly chill — having been too worn out by Maya's antics the instant she had gotten home at twelve in the morning, Claudine had forgotten to turn the heater on after she had forced Maya to accompany her to bed (she had waited too long for her to come home, so she had the right to).

Maya moans softly into her chest, and Claudine couldn't help the small, affectionate smile that tugged at her lips at the cute sound. The woman in her arms wriggled around a little more, trying to find the most comfortable spot, which she eventually does — right under Claudine's chin.

With her nose now bumping against the skin on Claudine's neck, her arms snug around her waist, Maya lets out a little sigh of content, and Claudine relaxes into her as well, nuzzling into her sweet-smelling hair.

A quick glance at the digital clock on Maya's nightstand reads 6:36AM, and Claudine knows that she should probably get up and start preparing for the day — she had rehearsals with Aruru later that afternoon for their upcoming movie.

However, she couldn't exactly find the resolve in her to drag herself out of bed; not when it was this cold and not when Maya was all cuddled up against her chest (not because she liked her there but rather, she was her only source of heat right now).

Maya lets out another sound, this time a little louder, almost comparable to a whine, and Claudine holds her breath, hoping that Maya would remain asleep because, to be honest, she really didn't want to get up right then.