11

CHAPTER ELEVEN —
                    NATURALLY.

__________________________

CLAUDINE FIDDLES WITH her hair as she watches Maya's features contorting into a pure fury she had never seen the brunette express before — when she was not in her stage persona, that is. Seeing her make such raw expressions sparked something in Claudine's chest as she watches Maya's lilac orbs are darkened to a near-black colour, and the warm hands on Claudine had grown unmistakably hot, though their grip was still as gentle as ever.

She stumbles upon every few words, the two sides of her brain arguing with each other as she struggles to continue telling her story.

She had just been wandering along the hallways, and was cornered by her personal bodyguard of that time, a man whose name she did not even want to think about. And of course, she did not suspect a thing — till he had got into her personal space.

With every second, Maya got visibly angrier, unusual considering that she was usually pretty much like a robot, and even Claudine got a little irked at how hot and scorching her fury was.

At Claudine's expression, Maya stiffens, as if suddenly realising that she was getting a little too acted up, and she says in a low vibrato, "I'm sorry, that was excessive."

Claudine opens her mouth to protest, but Maya cuts in again, her purple eyes hard and dangerous.

"However, that does not change the fact that he has committed a grave crime," Maya says roughly, and she runs her thumbs gently over Claudine's knuckles despite herself. Claudine tenses slightly at the touch, but she relaxes a little at the blatant concern in the way Maya leans back slightly, as if worried that Claudine might feel uncomfortable if she were to draw too close. "Has he been apprehended?"

"Yes," Claudine says softly.

"That's too bad," Maya says darkly, rising from her position by Claudine's bed, her warm touch leaving Claudine's skin. "I would have loved to be the one leading him away in cuffs."

Claudine allows a small smile to seep through her light-headedness as she looks up at her. The chivalrous display was just like Maya.

"Anyway–" Claudine mumbles, reaching up to rest a heavy hand on her temple, using a thumb to massage the skin. "–I'm fine. I'll be up and running soon enough."

There was a twinkle in Maya's eye. "I don't doubt it."

Maya's looking down at Claudine with such tenderness in her gaze that she could feel the blush creeping up her neck, feeling terribly self-conscious at the way Maya was simply looking at her.

"Shut up," Claudine mutters.

Maya's smirk is plastered upon her ridiculously charming face, and Claudine finds herself repressing the urge to just grab her by the collar and kiss her to oblivion. But luckily, drowsiness hits her again, and she has to lay down, to which Maya immediately reacts, steadying her with a strong arm as her head flops onto the pillow.

"Still," Maya says, as Claudine snuggles into the comfortable material of her pillow. "Will you be alright for the show later?"