Unwanted Miseries

*Chapter Song-Never Alone*
*Jim Brickman, Lady A*

"I had warned you, Hailey. But you thought it normal and took me as a fool. Just because I'm your friend, it doesn't mean that I'm not a doctor."

"Meril stop this and tell me what's wrong with my baby? She never got faint like this." Hailey replied crying bitterly, gazing with fixed eyes at sleeping Cora in the corner of the room.

"I don't want to scare you but this could be serious. I have given her injections. She will be fine in some time but we need to get her tested. You can take her home as she gets back her senses but make her rest as much as possible.". Dr. Meril ordered while writing down something on her pad.

"Here, I have written the address of the lab go there tomorrow and get all tests reports to me as soon as possible. I will inform them, don't worry about the fee." Meril added, knowing the poor financial condition of her friend.

"Meril, you ... I'm not doubting you as a doctor but can you please tell me. Is all this happening because I couldn't nurture her well?" Hailey requested for answer with pleading eyes.

"Hail, trust me it would be the best scenario if it's the case of just malnutrition." Meril exhaled holding her friend's shoulder firmly.

Her words scared Hailey to the core," What do you mean by that Maril?"

"Relax, you know you're quite correct when you doubt at my cheap degrees of pediatrician. I doubt it myself as well sometimes." Meril chuckled at her poor joke, wiping Hailey's tears off.

"Thanks for being that poor pediatrician though Meril. Otherwise, how could I manage with my little girl? And more than that thanks for being my friend even though I never listened to your brilliant words of wisdom ever." Hailey hugged Meril warmly thinking about all those moments when She was there for her when no one else was.

"Hey, chill. I don't remember any of your foolishness whether it was continuing your pregnancy, quitting your studies, or not getting back to studies after the birth of Cora. I have grudges for one thing only that you didn't listen to me and went for that Rascal Adam." Meril finally complained about the biggest mistake by Hailey.

"Really Meril, such a big heart you got. You didn't even remember that all at all!" Hailey replied with a faint smile. As she had made all those decisions when her dear friend expected her to choose the opposite side.

"I know, but that one mistake lead me to rest all and because of that mistake I found the most precious thing in my life..." Hailey accepted as she walked away from Meril to pamper her daughter, "My daughter, My Cora. So what if Adam refused to be father. I chose to have her, I chose to be a single mother."

"Hey, I don't blame you for choosing your unborn child over your education and career. I'm just saying you should have completed your studies." Meril cleared herself.

"What would I get if I had gone to college? I had to face Adam. I didn't want him laughing at me or even to care about me or Cora. He broke my trust and me, the moment he said he wanted me but not a child between us." Her eyes turned red as His words echoed at the back of her mind.

"How can you think to keep it. It's just a mistake, Hailey, go to doc, and then we can have fun without any disturbing pup!"

"I realized that moment! You were right when you said it was not Love. He never loved me. For him, it was a casual hook up. Which I took as love of a lifetime.". She felt her heart shivering as his words still hurts her deep somewhere.