Brewing -II

¶Chapter Song-Yellow¶
¶By-Lofi fruits music, Orange stick, Avocuddle

"Daddy, can I sleep in your arms?" Cora's sweet request pulled Arthur back from his thoughts.

He turned around to have a look at her bed, where Hailey fell asleep, leaning on the bed from her chair only.

Arthur smiled to look at Cora, her eyes were red with drowsiness. Hailey had tried her best to make her sleep. Hardly half n hour ago, He thought she slept. When Hailey stopped her lullaby considering her daughter slept.

Arthur opened her case file for studying at the window side.

"Naughty, how are you still up?" He picked her to make her lay in his arms only, "Your Mother might have thought you slept."

"Mom always thinks she can make me sleep. But I make sure she sleeps soundly." Cora replied clutching his shirt firmly.

"Oh, I can see you take care of your mother a lot." Arthur pampered her head, sitting in his chair just opposite the side of the bed to Hailey.

"Yes, I'm a good girl." She yawned, digging her head in his side. "Now I can sleep. My daddy...here..."

Arthur felt emotional at the trust Cora was showing in him. His eyes turned toward Hailey itself, he felt shocked to find her awake, gazing at them.

"I..." He was about to say something when Hailey gestured to him to stay quiet.

She pulled the blanket from the bed. Reached to his chair, sat on her knees to cover Cora in his arms.

"She believes it makes her responsible child. However, I want her to feel proud of herself so I always act asleep." A faint smile ran through her lips, "My baby grew up faster than her age." She sat back in her chair in front of him, across the bed.

"Thus she never knew what you do as night job?" Arthur said absentmindedly.

"Yeah, sort of. I mean she knows that her mother works extra hours but not exactly where." She bit her lips, "but not anymore. I'm not going back to that job." She exhaled.

"I don't want anyone to confuse me with a harlot."

For a moment Arthur felt ashamed of his previous views, though it was in a rage, he cleared his throat, "look, I did not mean to hurt sentiments. I meant.."

"I know, I have responsibility. Becoming a single mother was never my wish but certainly, it was the choice I would never repent of." She smiled proudly looking at Cora in his arms, "I have to thank you for reminding me. That I need to be careful about what I do. As it might affect my Cora. I never thought of such assault, or Adam, coming back from nowhere." She took a deep breath as if calming down her raging thoughts.

"The reason I initiated it right now is, I'm a feminist kind of person and I believe the woman who sells her body to fill some empty mouths back at her home or just to remain alive, deserves no hatred." She concluded.

Arthur felt more ashamed of his words as her statement was making sense.

"I guess, you haven't taken your medicine, as I said earlier, you are discharged but not healed completely." Arthur tried to divert the talk to which Hailey smiled as she got his intention.

"Ahm... About my words. I guess I have already apologized for it. Though my sole purpose behind this was to make you realize that your priority must be Cora." He concluded.