To the eye

(Sub title - one over Ex.)
__________________________

¶Chapter Song- Scared to be lonley
¶By-Martin Garrix, Dua lipa¶
________________________

"What?"  Arthur groaned in annoyance as after visiting patients and some important works of the hospital he wanted some time to calm himself.

The way he had reacted with Hailey, the way he professed to protect Cora, as his child. It was not justifiable neither he was interested in doing so.

"What kind of question was that? And why question? You might have said 'Come in Please.' " snickered Lily, stepping in the room.

"What are you doing here? I am surprised that you got such extra time to waste around me." Arthur replied looking away.

"Come on Arthur! Offer me the seat. Where's the gentleman, I know?" Lily walked toward his table?

"Can you come to the point? Is there any message from Mr. Jones or have you had left something to humiliate me?" He turned around to look at her in frustration but took a back to see her leaning against the table.

She had a malicious, wicked smile. Eyes, having a predatory glint were fixed on his face. Her head tilted a bit, "don't you think it's too hot here? You should change your air-condition." She opened the topmost button of her dress.

Arthur was shocked at her behavior at first but soon he got the reason behind it. He closed his eyes to concentrate and not lose his cool,
"You are drunk Mrs. Jones!"

"Lily! call me like you always did, You don't need to be so formal Arthur." She smirked stepping closer to his chair.

Arthur got up to maintain the distance between the two.

"I must be formal with the wife of my senior, and his wife must not forget it." He said strictly.

"What I shouldn't forget Arthur? I was just talking about your miserable ventilation and conditioning system." She held his hand getting closer, "I didn't say anything else that I wasn't supposed to." She looked into his eyes straight.

"Lily, what are you trying to prove?"

"I don't need to prove anything. I just wanted to see how quickly you can get aroused by my presence only." She giggled shamelessly entangling her fingers in his.

"Leave." He said with a clenched jaw.

"Stop acting Arthur. Your new girlfriend must be young but she can never be me."  She held his hand to place on her cheek, "accept that you long for me. At times even I do think about old times." With his touch, her eyes turned deeper.

"You are disgusting Lily!" Arthur pulled back his hand from her, "Your thoughts are sick! Your Husband..."

"He is out of town for two days. That's why he gave you a date after four days for the surgery." She held his hand quickly before he could step away.

"You have no values, Lily! You wanted wealth and status when you were with me, now when you got all that you want me." Arthur said with disgust.

"Arthur, what's wrong if we can have both? You love me and I can give you everything you deserve but never attained." Her hand glided on his chest.

"It's a mash-up of your sick mind and the alcohol that's hallucinating you. I never wanted Money! All I craved whole my life was a family to call my own! Someone to look up to, someone to live for. Today, you have proved. You could never be the one!" He pushed her away with disgust.