Hide Her!

*Chapter song-Welcome to Wonderland*
*by-Anson Seabra*

"Arthur, that was insane! How could you argue with a patient? Sorry that wasn't an argument, that was a fight. And if We were late by a few minutes you both might have turned it into a battle." Luke said in annoyance, as he managed to drag Dr. Arthur Miller into his cabin.

"You think, what I did was insane? you might not know what she did!" Arthur replied pulling his white coat off, in rage.

"That woman refused to file any complaint against her attacker. Even She lied about consuming alcohol first then indirectly accused us of all this." He added more fiercely.

"Accused us! How?" Luke's forehead furrowed this time at his disclosure.

"Yes! She said whatever has happened with her is because She has to pay our bills! Luke, you tell me. Are not we rebating half of the bills for kids under ten?" Arthur questioned Luke in irritation.

"Yes Arthur, but I guess she doesn't know it. As till now, Meril has been spending on medicines etc, or maybe the half is too much for them." Luke tried to inform him but Arthur was in no mood to cool down soon.

"Crap! She wouldn't be wandering in nightclubs If she was that poor. Specifically when her daughter is in hospital." He blurted venomously.

"Oh! So this is the actual reason for your bitterness." Luke got a smirk while Arthur look alarmed at his words, "just to let you know. She was not partying there. She was working in that night bar to earn some extra money for her daughter's future."

Arthur looked blankly at his disclosure.

"If she honestly cared about her daughter, she might have her with her husband. Or at least married her father." His expression was rude than ever, "or better she shouldn't have her if she can't look after her."

"I can't believe I am talking to my friend!" Luke just wondered flopping on the chair behind him.

Arthur halted analyzing his own words.

"What am I saying?" A shock of realization struck him hard as he fell on the chair.

"You are saying, what is haunting you all these years," Luke said in a consoling manner.

Arthur gave him a look and walked up to the window. His gaze, fixed at the horizon. Searching for a single particle to look upon. Just to avoid this moment.

How could he become something, that he hates most?

This realization has started to kill him gradually.

"Arthur, let it go. She has gone for good. She never deserved you." Luke placed his hand on his shoulder.

"She was never mine. I know Luke. But what she snatched from me, was never her's." He muttered removing his hand.

"I'm good. You should go and see everything out there. Cora's mother might need some medicine after that much yelling." He said rudely putting forth his right forearm, on the wall to make a veil between, for his eyes.

Something had badly messed up, somewhere within him. He hated that woman. The moment he realized her reason for aborting his child. But he could never heal those wounds on his soul.

She accused him of not worthy to take responsibility for a child. At present, he was not doing anything different.

He didn't have the right to decide whether Hailey should have a baby or not. Whether she should have married first or not.