Wabi-Sabi

¶Chapter song-At my worst¶
*By-Pink sweat$ & Kehlani*

"You have to act before it's too late."

"I know but it's not that easy too, I have to think about every pros and cons before taking any step."

"Fine! Keep thinking and that Adam will sue her for Cora's custody." Luke huffed, banging his palm at the table between them. "And yes, if you didn't do anything right now and Hailey loses Cora. Then don't blame her for spoiling the childhood of that young girl!" He hissed with a clenched jaw before leaving the room.

Arthur sat lost in his chair. The way he reacted to Hailey the previous day, was certainly not a planned thought but at the same time, not a rash, momentary reaction too.

Arthur meant his words. He had concerned a few of the best lawyers of the town and at the same time, the security of the hospital was tightened. Arthur talked with the sheriff who came to meet Hailey after the assault. Hoping to drag Adam in that case. This way he at least have some legal matter regarding his behavior.

"Doctor Arthur, I need a favor." Hailey entered the room, announcing, "can you please give me, my reports of the night Adam assaulted me?"

"What?" Arthur reacted with confusion as he was thinking about the same thing.

"Yes sure, but may I ask why you need it?"

"I'm going to file a complaint."

Arthur got a faint smile, "eventually, you thought something reasonable. But seems late."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean, you have denied it earlier, and all of a sudden you think to go and put him behind bars." Arthur reminded her, "even if you do so, he might use it against you. Let me remind you. You were assaulted in a bar."

"It happened at a nearby lane, not in the bar." Hailey rectified him and turned around to leave.
"Whatever! Even if I were a stripper at a bar, no one has the right to force himself on me! Or to snatch my daughter!"

"Agree." Arthur huffed with a smile.

"Now what's so funny about it?" Hailey came back from the door just to argue.

"Did I call it funny? I was amused to see that you are ready to show guts for Cora." He gestured for her to sit.

"As if opting for being a single parent never needed guts," Hailey replied with a frown, taking a chair in front of him.

"I never doubt it. However, I don't assume it a wise decision." Arthur replied, this time in a much calm and grave tone. Hailey looked at him with anger as she hated it to be judged and that's what she had been confronting her whole life.

"Before you start to argue and we start to fight, I want you to listen to me first." He added extending a glass of water forward at the table.

"Fine." She pushed aside the glass of water and reclined backward as if waiting for some lecture from him.

"I have been thinking about our last conversation and things going around. It's all messed up so badly. Seems like everything, everyone going insane. I never thought to be connected with anyone like this but, " Arthur paused as he looked up at her face, She was looking at him with confusion.

He felt uncomfortable and forgot what he was talking about, "I...I.."

"Please don't tell me! Are you Proposing to me?!"
Hailey got more confused at the way he started to stutter.