"They slacked off, Kore," she deadpanned.

"Yes, but check your room. The job's already done," Hedith gave her stepmother a suspicious look but went up anyway. Once she was gone, Persephone winked at the henchmen and they let out a relieved breath.

"Dad, have you seen Mavros?" Hedith asked Hades in his office while she was passing through from her room.

"She's downstairs with Kore, honey."

"Alright. Oh and I'm leaving in an hour!" Hedith said, making her father shot up from his seat.

"Already?"

"Yep!" Hedith answered from downstairs with her luggage. She's pretty sure that it's Persephone who prepared this to save Pain and Panic from her wrath.

"Pain! Panic! Man the office!" Hades yelled.

In this house — well, kingdom — people are used to Hades and Hedith's yelling out for the henchmen. There are even times that Hermes gets too startled that his shoes fly the wrong direction. Persephone...well, she's the sane glue that keeps the place in check so that chaos wouldn't break lose. Imagine when Spring comes and she's out with her mother.

"I'm all set," Hedith said as she fixes her blue scarf over her neck.

"You sure you're not bringing some snacks with you? You can give some to Mal if you want," Hades earned a jab in the side from his wife for that sly suggestion.

"I did but no one's eating them except me," Hedith grinned and a loud thud was heard and next thing they know, a big black dog came running over and sat down next to Hedith, "And Mavros, too."

"You're really bringing the dog," Hades deadpanned, massaging his temples for the upcoming headache. The dog grew in size since the ball in Auradon. He's practically as tall as Hedith now when he sits.

"He can always shrink with my magic. Mavros, shrink."

The dog barks and blue flames swirls around the dog and he shrinks down to a size of a regular Kanine.

"Fixed."

Persephone chuckled and went to hug Hedith.

"Becareful, sweetie. And after you're done, don't be pressured to come back as soon as possible," she told her and Hedith squeezed back.

"No. Come back as soon as possible," Hades interjected.

"Hon," Persephone said pointedly.

"Alright, but remember, Hedith," Hades started, raising his forefinger to prove his point, "No boys."

She rolled her eyes at her father and gave him a reassuring smile, "Dad...I'm the hottest bachelor in the god pantheon. No one's taking that title away from me."

"No one better be."

"Dad."

"Alright. Good luck," Hades said and Hedith ran in to hug him. He smiled and patted her small back.

"I'll be back in a month," she said as she and Mavris ran towards Charon's boat.

"Don't mind us!"

"Don't mind me, being alone with Pain and Panic again now that Spring is in a week," Hades muttered to his wife.

---

The day is buzzing in Evie's 4 Hearts. Orders are piling in and the designers are reaching their deadlines on their designs to be presented to the company's CEO. Dizzy's monitoring the workforce in the tailoring room, giving instructions and answering her phone for any updates from the head of the company.

"Mss Dizzy. There's someone in the lobby asking for Miss Evie," her assistant told her and Dizzy frowned.

"Evie's not here at the moment. She's off attending a meeting with the queen," she said. Her assistant said her reply into her earbuds and came back after a while.

"She said that she'll meet you instead," she paused, "And Miss Celia, too. Pronto."

"Pronto?" Dizzy asked with a confused expression.

"The visitor took the earbuds and told me exactly that," she said and Dizzy's confusion intensified, mouth agape. Then she grinned widely, squealing like she once did as a child. This action surprised the whole workforce.

"She's here! She's here! She's back! Oh, hold this first for me. I'm going for an early lunch!" Dizzy said, handing her clipboard toward her assistant before dashing out of the room. She quickly made it towards Celia's office.

"What? What's going--"

"She's back, Celia! Come on!" Dizzy excitedly said, gesturing Celia to come out of her office. Not thinking another thing, Celia immediately know what she was implying for and ran with her towards the lobby. The employees of Evie's 4 Hearts were left bewildered by their higher ups' abrupt excitement. It's not everyday that they see Celia Facilier and Dizzy Tremaine running along the hallway with big grins in their faces.

"Hedith!"

The said person turned around with a smirk, hand on her waist and chin raised, proudly.

"I'm back."

---

It had come to my concern that Hades' personality in the canon Disney isn't the same as in Descendants. As sad as that can be, I'm not going to write Mr Cheyenne Jackson's version of Hades from here on out. I feel a lot more at ease when it's Mr James Woods' version of Hades. So please bear with me.