11

The following week
*in school*

I was walking in the hallway when suddenly I got a text from an unknown number.

Unknown- hey it's jack, I know this is weird but please don't tell anyone about what happened this weekend, I just don't think we should tell people, I don't want them to start assuming things you know?

Wow I thought maybe that night meant something for us, I guess not. Suddenly I was brought back to reality when someone grabbed my arm. "Hey bailey" I looked up to see Bryce. "What?" I asked kind of annoyed "wow I'm good to see you too" he laughed "I'm sorry there just a lot going on" I said "what's on your mind, you look kind of upset" he said now walking with me. "Nothing just personal problems I guess you could say" I didn't really want to talk about it, especially with him.

"Come on, you can tell me anything," he said softly "yeah I don't know about that" I answered "come on Bailey I'm serious" he insisted "are you, or are you just trying to get me to talk to you so you can tell your new little friends," I said trying not to raise my voice. "Bailey, I told you it wasn't a set up" "yeah well I don't really believe you, after all, we really just met so-" I was saying until he cut me off "you know you're right, why don't we set up an um-" he stuttered trying to find the right words to say "a date? Yeah, no thanks I think I'm good" I couldn't give in that easily.

Bryce's POV-

Damn she was really playing hard to get. "Not not a date, it's will be more like a uh- hang out- day, kind of thing" I stuttered. It looked like she was thinking about it. "Mmmmmm, no but thanks for asking" she said trying to walk the other way. I lightly grabbed her arm.

Jacks POV-
I was walking down the hall when I said someone grab bailey's arm. Some kind of instinct went off, and I went to her right away. "Hey is he bothering you," I said now standing in between the two of them. "No I'm not we are just talking" he said a bit defensive. "I'm pretty sure I was talking to her, not you" I snapped at him. "Okay Woah," Bailey said getting in between both of us "no he's not we were just talking, it's fine" she said looking at me. "You can go now" she continued, I saw whatever his name was let out a quiet laugh "what so funny" I shoved him a little.

"Okay who do you think you are-" he started. "okay Bryce calm down, it's fine, we will talk later okay," Bailey said standing In front of him. He nodded and walked off. "What the hell was that" she looked at me, "I thought he was bothering you" "yeah then I told you he wasn't" she sighed "look why don't you just stop trying to act all boyfriend on me, cause you know we don't want people to 'assume anything right'" she quoted my message. She genuinely looked hurt. I sighed "Bailey I jus-" I started "save it gilinsky" she said and walked off. I couldn't let her find out why.

Bailey's POV- "ugh, he's just giving me so much mixed signals, like at one point he's reminiscing with me and then he telling me to keep quiet about us" I ranted to Jess " well I mean you still have Bryce" he looked at me, I gave her the look "Jess no I don't want him, I want-" she cut me off "some jackass who doesn't seem to want you like you want him" I just looked down knowing she was right. She sighed "b I'm sorry-" "no you're right" I cut her off "I just don't want to see you like this, stressing over someone who obviously doesn't feel the same anymore," she said "I just have to let go of him, he's changed in a way you know, he's just not the same as I remember him," I said messing with my hands.

Maybe it was time to let him go, but I still wonder what he meant by he didn't tell me everything before he left.
——————————————————————————-

A/n - I know this is short but I have so many ideas for this story now, and more and more just keep coming to me so I'm kind of excited now!!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter!