10

"Why didn't you ever call?" I asked. He looked down and sighed. "There are things I didn't get to tell you Bailey." he answered "then tell me now," I said raising my voice a little. "not here let's talk tomorrow, you need to rest," he said getting up. "jack" I tried stopping him "goodnight bailey, I will see you tomorrow," he said walking out.

________________________________________________________________________

I got up to follow him. "and how the hell are you supposed to get home? you drove my car" I whispered, not wanting to wake up anyone in the house. he stopped walking away realizing I was right. he turned around facing me, "I can take yo-" I started "no it's fine I can walk, I don't live that far" "jack you're not walking home it's late" I sighed probably regretting what I'm about to say. "why don't you just stay over" "bailey I don't-" "come one it's not like you haven't done it before," I said interrupting him.

"yeah but it was different back then" "come on, you can leave first thing in the morning." he sighed "fine" I smiled walking back into my room. I got into bed, but he just kinda stood there, "so am I just going to-" "yup" I said patting his spot on the bed. "what if your brother walks in, in the middle of the night" he stressed "then lock the door" I said, he gave me a small smirk and went to lock the door, "why are you making that face" I quietly laughed, "oh nothing just brought back memories that's all" he smiled, I shook my head and threw a pillow at him, he started laughing while getting into the bed.

we laid there for a little, and I'm not going to lie I missed him next to me. he sighed and I looked over at him, he was smiling as he looked over at my window. "what?" I asked he looked at me "remember when I used to sneak into your room through there" he laughed "yeah and you almost knocked over my whole entire desk, making a whole lot of noise" I added, "hey don't act like you never almost woke up my parents when you would sneak in through my window" he argued, I laughed "Well sorry I'm not a professional at climbing through windows in the middle of the night." he turned his body towards where he was facing me and I did the same. "I missed you," he said "I missed you too," I said quietly. we just looked at each other's eyes for a little, I decided to break the silence.

"thank you for earlier," I said "for what, for saving you from that dumbass, you don't have to thank me for that b," he said softly. "yeah, after all, you could've just walked away" I whispered, "I would never do that, especially to you." I cleared my throat and turned towards where my back was now to him "goodnight jack" "goodnight b, I love you" I felt him turn around too. "I love you too" and with that, I fell asleep.

I woke up out of nowhere, it was still dark outside, I noticed jack was now facing my back, with his arm wrapped around my waist. I smiled softly remembering all the nights we would just lay like this, this felt like we were back to last year. and with that, I fell right back to sleep.

--- THE NEXT MORNING ---

I woke up to an empty bed, he was gone. I went to make sure he wasn't just downstairs. I look around for him and nothing. "what are you looking for?" Alex asked "oh my go- you scared me" I playfully slapped him. he just stood there laughing "I'm not looking for anything" I sighed

Jess- hey where were you at the party I was looking for you
Me- yeah sorry I didn't feel like being there anymore so I left.
I didn't really want to tell her what happened, even though she is my best friend.
Jess- did you take anyone home ;)
Me- ummm in a way I guess.
Jess- waittttt what!!!!!!

—-Incoming call from Jess——
I smiled and answered. "Whooooo did you take home" she yelled through the phone. "Well no jack was giving me a ride hom-" "wait jack as in the jock you dated last year" she interrupted "yeah but it wasn't like tha-" "you really took him to your house" she interrupted again "Jess can you let me talk" I laughed "some guy was bothering me and he just helped me out, and took me home with my car since he had went to the party with a friend, that's all"
I explained.

"So how did he get home?" She asked "he walked" I told her, leaving the part where he spent the night out since she was already being so obnoxious about this whole situation.

"Hey b someone is here to see you" Alex said knocking on my door. "Okay I'll be right there" I responded.  "Hey I'll call you back" "okay " she answered.

I hung up and went downstairs and got to the door. I was hoping it was him. "Oh uh hey" I said.

———————————————————————————
A/n: okkkk here it is, sorry if it's not what y'all expected I'm barley getting back to writing so.... but I promise I'll get better at it once I get the hang of it again. I know this one was a bit short but hopefully you like it anyway!! Sorry if there is any grammatical errors lmao!