Chapter 16

[JuVia]

I stared at the ceiling blankly, wondering what was really the life in good side. Fighting criminals, walking in the public independently, being praised.. and so much more that I don't know of. Am I really that cruel? I don't remember hating somebody throughout the years I lived. Is becoming bad again is just normal reserval evaluation of an individual? So much things. Why can't I answer them all? 

I raise my hand before me and inspected it, it gone rough. I sigh, I don't care. 

Ledieu left an hour or so, she said she's going to attend some things beforehand. Eu-san was out together with Rude and Ark, their whereabouts are unknown to me and it was Master's order. In short, I'm the only one left in the guild with no one to talk to... partially. There's someone in the guild who meditates in the corner, never knew his/her gender is and I'm afraid to come near him/her-- some says he/she is really intimidating.  

I stood up and made my way to the guild hall, linen of blue and white hugh illuminated the foyer. Windows were open and the night sky was quietly still, I turn my head around only to see no one but me. I heave silently and walk myself towards the entrance door.

I miss them. I hope I didn't cause a burden to the rest of the fairytail--

No.. they must be angry to a traitor like me.

Thinking of any possible punishment is not really lamentable, thinking about it excites me. How ironic. It was me who is afraid of committing mistakes, it was me who feared any kinds of comeuppance. It is I who declared my resonance.

I push the door out and immediately saw someone staring in the sky with tightly closed fist, I walk pass him to see who it was but he suddenly turned around and gave me an usual po-faced expression. I step aback and stared at him.

"What are you still doing here, Lockster?" He ask solemnly, I blinked several times and slowly pointed myself with a large question mark literally floating between us.

"S-still?" I stuttered with a flushed face, did I miss something very important? I don't remember having any missions.

"Well? It seems you were not informed." He said, looking at him for a long time scares me. He have this serious and dire demeanor in him that I can't help myself but to tremble.

"I-I didn't.. heared anything about the mission" I stuttered again, I clutch the hem of my skirt to ease off my uneasiness. He turned away and gaze at the open field beside the guild and smirked.

"I'll give you another chance tomorrow. I hope you'll obliged" then he walk away and disappeared.

I walk back silently to the guild with a troubled face.
I'll obliged...

OoOoO

"Hey, will he be okay?"

"Yes, though he temporarily lost the function of his right arm."

"What happened to his right arm, by the way?"

"He broke it."

"Eh?!"

Voices... I opened my eyes slowly and saw everyone's face looking down at me. I blinked several times but shut it tight, I tried moving both of my fingers at the same time but I guess I'm completely useless now without my dominant arm.

"Ne, shiraishi!" Natsu called out, I gaze at him but by the moment I asked 'what', he suddenly slapped my right arm that gave a bolting electrifying sting. I jolted up as I felt all the pain spread all over in my entire body in a phenomenal speed and at the same time; everyone in the room shrieked loudly. 

"What the heck was that for?!" I rebuked. He gave a blank look at me but after a moment he laughed wholeheartedly.

"What is your brain thinking?! You know shiraishi's arm is dislocated!" Lucy yells but before he could protest, someone in the doorway coughed and chuckled.

"Never did I know flame-brain got a brain." Gray stood casually in the ledge as he present his grin to everyone else.

"Say that again underwear pants!!" Natsu yells and came in tackling him outside. Lucy sighs and went over to those two idiots.

"Well, everyone can search Juvia for you shiraishi" A voice trailed from the entrace, everyone turned their head and made a way for master Makarov. "We can't risk someone any longer." He continued, my eyebrows furrowed as I watch him slowly approaching me. Everyone started cascading out from the room, leaving me and master alone. "You have to stay here until your arm is fully- healed again." He said with an unchanged emotion.

"I don't understand.. Risk someone? I'm still alive, y'know?" I tried to joke, trying to wear off the heavy tension surrounds him. Awkward silence invaded the room and both of us just stayed in our position, frozen. Though, I can't take the deafening silence, I slumped to my bed and desperately lifting my broken arm in the air.

"You can't move it yet, stop pressuring your muscles." Master says, I tilted my head and gave a practiced displeased look.

"Is there something I'm not aware of?" I finally started, he nods and climbed up in my bed.

"There is an upcoming war against the magic council."He said, I focused my eyes to his-- seeking the right answer that I longed to hear. But, no. There wasn't any.

"It has nothing to do with me" I honestly responded, master raised his head and stared at the ceiling.

"I wished it hasn't" he paused. I gaze at his unpredictable eyes and can't seem to understand what he's feeling right now. "But it has. That's why I don't want to risk you again out there. It's dangerous for you to be lurking outside alone"

"What? I don't understand! What about Juvia? I promised that I have to find her no matter what! I don't even know about this war you're talking about!" I nearly shouted, he remained in his calm demeanor still staring at the ceiling.

"This war.. is somehow connected to you."

"Wha-how?!" I shouted at this time, this is ridiculous. I just showed up in this guild a couple of weeks ago and now I'm dragged unconsciously to a war. Just how great my luck has died. I saw master gulped before turning to me, and I wished I didn't ask him awhile ago.

"They want you"