Chapter 9

[Gray]

"--ey, --id!" a fuzzy voice ringed my head.

"I---ink--is---d" said the other, I can't sleep. I thought. These two are noisy,

I opened my eyes and saw a distorted face, I squinted my eyes to see the image more clearer.

Their shady figure against the bright light from the window above, somehow blinded me, I sat up straight and rub my eyes.

"You're okay now, Kid?" a man between his late 20's ask, I nod weakly and stared at my hand. There was a slight burn in my palm;

"We found you lying in a nearby burned forest, you are so lucky that you survived..." the other mutter with a grieftly tone, I gaze at him and furrowed my eyebrows.

"Sur...vived?" I ask, emphasizing the suffix 'ed', he can't be talking that Lyon and Juvia died during that surge, that's so ridiculous! They can handle theirselves out alive...

"Chairman! The villagers found this odd-looking necklace!" a girl with a velvet bandanna tied in her neck, barge in. The guy whom she called as 'chairman', dashed and quickly handed out his hand.

A moment later, the chairman step closer to my bed and showed a nearly burned necklace with a dolphin that has a broken tail.

"Is this one of your belongings?" he ask then it struck me;

"We found you lying in a nearby burned forest, you are so lucky that you survived..."

"Survived..."

My eyes widened and shove the necklace to my hand and got off bed. I run outside and turned to many directions; streets, blocks and aisle. I'm running to an uncertain location, the pain in my legs is burning yet I didn't stop running;

I want to see her..

I need to see her...

I have to see her.....

Tch, where is that damn forest?!

"Oi! you're still not better! Quit running!" the girl with a bandanna yelled behind me, I slowed down and pounded the ground with my fist endlessly until it was tainted with my own blood. I bit my lips and let my frustration washed away from my tears, this pain in my heart-- is this the pain of losing a friend? or even worse than that?

"O-oi, are you alright?" a feminine voice ask, I raised my head a little and saw the same girl smiling worriedly at me.

I didn't reply instead I stood up straight and walk away from her, I need to go back to the guild as soon as possible, I have to check if she is already there, safe and sound.

"You can't walk away from me like that y'know?" she yelled again and after a few seconds, she added:

"Gray Fullbuster, wizard of Fairytail"

I slanted my body a little and gaze at her.

"How did you know my name?" I ask coldly, she made a face and cross her arms, "Well, you have an insignia of Fairytail in your right chest and some of the villagers somehow recognized you." she replied immediately, I tightened my grip to Juvia's necklace and turn away.

"I won't waste my time talking with y--"

"You must!" she inserted abruptly, I hid my eyes under the shadows of my hair, I want to get out of here..

"The chairman is conducting a search party to the guys who are burned in the forest alive, he said that, maybe you're interested in recovering her bo--"

"She is not yet dead!" I shouted for her words to be cut off, I don't want to hear that word coming from her. I'll stick with my belief that she is not yet dead, she's strong enough to make it out alive.

"What do you think that she is not yet dead?!" she ask in a loud manner yet full of sympathy.

"because...." I stared down to my palm and analyzed my burned mark smeared with my own blood;

"because... I was able to hold on to her before I collapse.."

OoOoO

"You mean, the name of that girl is Juvia Lockster?" White ask as she tightened the knot of the mantle covering my both fist, her name is not that important but I'll share it anyway; She is White Auxtero, a wizard that specializes in Aura Immersion, which I find it quite rare.

Seems boring right? Well, I don't like it either.

"Yeah" I replied cheaply, still staring at Juvia's necklace. I was able to saved her from being toasted alive, but why did I let go? I didn't remember letting her hand go, even woods will drag us down, even fire will burn us alive.. I will never let myself separated away from her. But why?

"You seems pretty distracted" White's voice invaded my inner thoughts and all of my ideas of her whereabouts disappeared suddenly.

I groaned and stood up, this girl's behaviour annoys me even more than Juvia acted from before.

Still, I have to bear her presence since she is my only hope to find Juvia and Lyon much easier than to report it to the entire guild.

I can't tell them that they are missing and there is a small possibility to find both of them alive, Erza and the others might bombarbed here without me noticing and may start a deadly war against the Lavosier Armies. That, I will take responsibility of the both sides.

"Where are you going?" she ask as she raise one eyebrow, I refuse myself to answer back-- I have to take my action as soon as possible otherwise, all the guilds of the Fiore will know the news and it'd be dangerous if it'll reach to Master Makarov.

"Well?" she tapped her feet in the ground impatiently, I made a face and shifted my gaze to the building infront of us.

"Well... I have to investigate this things out in my own way, I can't just stand and wait for the results. Otherwise, I wouldn't have waste my time following them at the very first place."

"You do have a point, So..." She glance at me with enthusiasm and grab a pair of black glasses--which I don't know where it came from and wore it. "We're going to pretend as Private Detectives?"

I snorted and shove my hands to my pocket and took Juvia's dolphin out.

"If you want it that way, White..." I stroked the dolphin's smooth side and smiled;

"Then it would be"