16 : The Surprise

" No noona. I think hyung is just busy with his work. Don't worry. He will text you soon. "

It took him almost fifteen minutes talking over the phone with Seulgi, trying his best to calm her down out of her worries. She has been complaining that Hyunsik doesn't seem to give his attention to her lately. Moreover he even avoiding her calls and Sungjae can only listens to her whine for that fifteen minutes.

He end up the call soon after that, glaring at the culprit who is sitting right across from his table with a grin on his face.

" Tell me again why should I be the one who's calming your girlfriend ? "

" Come on. I just need you take her calls that's all while the rest, I will handle it. "

" And seems like you handle it very well. "

" She just need to wait for couple of days. "

" I don't think she will have that patience to wait until tomorrow hyung. She's sound so pissed
at you. "

" Well, she won't . . . for too long. Not after the surprise that I've prepare for her. "

" I just hope it work. What if she got tired of you for ignoring her and decide to forget you. Worse, there's so many idols who's eyeing her right now. You tell me yourself right, that guy from BTS has been acting so close to her lately. Just imagine. "

" YAH ! Shouldn't you be more supportive ?! "

" I'm just saying. "

" You're so annoying. "

" Good if I am. "

" I'm going out. "

" Yes, you should. There are tons of paper work waiting for you at your desk. "

Sungjae watch as Hyunsik made his way out, noticing the frown on his face only cause him to chuckle at it. It's good to see Hyunsik like that. He finally settled himself with only one woman in his life and he can see how much Seulgi meant for him.

He heaved a sigh, feeling suddenly drain out after spending quite a time listening to Seulgi's tantrums about Hyunsik but then that made him to think back on what could Hyunsik be facing at this time. Along the days of not meeting Seulgi, he was sure that Hyunsik must have felt awful. His heart might have calling out her name repeatedly but he is sure that Hyunsik able to handle it for he always want the best for his lover. A little sacrifice needed sometimes in the relationship.

He knew it perfectly what kind of feelings that Hyunsik probably having right now because he also facing it. Being away with someone that you dearly love wasn't a good idea to begin with because it crumpled him every single day of remembering her, missing her and there's nothing that you can do than just wait.

But he also learned that sometimes you cannot be selfish if you want the best for the one that you love, the best for your relationship and you have to let go even for a while as long as by the end of it, the one that you love will come back to you completely until you won't even need anything to wish for after that.

He reach out the phone, and open into their last messages with each other. They still keep in touch but not regularly, giving each other the space that they need as they agreed.

Joy ❤️
Are you holding up there ?
I hope you are because
you're my strength  Sungjae-ah
Stay with me.