1: It's Hard

The board meeting has been going on for almost two hours and it was a complete chaos in the room, with most of the share holders were arguing with each other, mainly pointing out the fact of their dissatisfaction in the company's loss since few months ago.

Some of them were still taking the president's side while others were trying their best to make this person to hand over his position to other candidates, their choice of candidate.

Mrs Yook, the one who witnessed everything can't help but to feel absurd with the situation but at the same time her sadness overcome her rage as her eyes met him. The only person who choose to be silent in the room.

Yook Sungjae, her only son and the only heir of the family that running the company after her husband died. But to her eyes, her son was dead inside.

" Sungjae. "

He felt as if he's being pull out from his daze, looking at the one who called his name.

" What's your decision Sungjae ? "

He couldn't utter a word as his minds were full with confusion and just staring back at Hyunsik who happen to be one of the share holders in this company as well as his best friend. Hyunsik knew that something else had been bothering his friend and he can't help but to sympathise with him.

" I think it's better to postpone this meeting to another day. "

He spoke on behalf of both Mrs Yook and Sungjae.

" Who are you to stop this meeting ? All of us want the decision as in today. "

Hyunsik can only heave a sigh looking at the stubborn old man which he knew the culprit behind all of the chaos in the room before look back to Sungjae who still giving the same expression as before.

" You gotta say something Sungjae. I know it's not the right time but you- Sungjae ? "

All of them were shocked when suddenly Sungjae decide to walk out from the room, leaving the dumbfounded Hyunsik looking at him then to Mrs Yook.

" What did he think he's doing ? "

He heard the old man speaking again, causing his blood to boil immediately. He, without much thought had abruptly grabbing the collar of the man causing all of the board members to startle.

" Listen you old man. No one had ever being so rude like you did. So just shut up or I'll do the thing that you won't expect will happen to you. "

" Im Hyunsik . Enough. Let him go. "

His father, even when he didn't like that old man too had no choice but to pull his son of that man, preventing him from making more damage.

" Like it or not, Sungjae is still the president of this company. So all we have to do is waiting for his decision since it's all matter now. "

☘️☘️☘️

He had been driving far from the city, heading straight to where he think he should go. He thought if he want to end it up, be must do it right, by facing the reality and he only going to believe it if he see his reality with his own eyes, which he knew will only tearing his part again and again.

He smirked, seeing people were happy celebrating outside when he, who's facing all the hurt were dying inside. With a trembled feet, he gather all of his courage to lead his way towards the building and there he sees her name along with another before his eyes capture the said person, smiling by the one that she want to be in her life, which was supposed to be him at the first place.

He didn't know since when had he start to walk along her way but all that he see is the way her eyes widen upon seeing him nearing her. His mouth were glued as well as his feet, staring at her with unexplained emotions.

" Sungjae-shi, you've made it. "

Seeing a hand being stretched out for him, he even hesitant, holding it, trying not be rude.

" Congratulations. " He said, with his eyes fixed on the bride.

" Thanks. I knew that you won't miss your friend's wedding. "

Friend.

" I'm sorry I couldn't stay long. "

" Yeah sure. I know you're a busy man. But thanks once again for showing up. Irene must be feeling happy now knowing that you came. Right yeobeo ? "

The said person, Irene were hesitant to look at Sungjae but she end up locking eyes with him and God, she regrets right away once she captured the sad eyes of him.

" R-right. "

He smirks, making sure that she's seeing he is hurting right now with her words before turn back to look at her groom who's keeping his smiles all along.

" Take care or her Changsub-shi. "

" I will. "

And with that, he walk away, not bother to take another glance at his girlfriend, his now ex to be exact.

He feels as if the world has been playing with him. Things wasn't suppose to be like this. Out of many people, why must him that facing all of this, one by one.

His father died, leaving him with so much burden on his shoulder. He automatically appointed as the next president for the company when he himself is not ready to carry the job.

And then his mother, whom he despised for being selfish for her own good and what worse was his ex-girlfriend whom he thought could be at least the one who he can lean on when things are getting hard for him eventually betrayed him as well in the end.

His thoughts had been broken with the sudden ringing from his phone. He take a look at the caller, Hyunsik hyung and declines the call right away.

Hyunsik Hyung

Don't look for me.
Give me some time. Alone.

Sent.

For a moment, he need some space. For a moment, he just thought of running away, away from his life and responsibilities. It's selfish but he had too much thoughts in his minds to even care about the surroundings.

☘️☘️☘️