Social distancing

Hey guys so I actually wrote this 3 weeks go but I will admit that I forgot about it.

Baby wasn't sure how much more he could take.

It had been a month

He was starting to loose it, though he wasn't the only one.

Ever since the lockdown was initiated baby had been confined to the apartment, only able to leave for grocery's or work.

though he didn't have ether to distract him.

Doc had closed shop for the time being.

Buddy did the food shopping.

So it was just the three of them stuck in an apartment together, and it was clear that they were all beginning to step on each other's toes.

Now that he wasn't able to go to the record store or visit joe, baby had taken to playing a single song on repeat for a few hours and playing it over his tapes, and while they never said anything baby could see that hearing the same song over and over again was beginning to get on buddy and darling nerves.

Speaking of his loves , the second week into lockdown they had officially run out of the good stuff (as they so happily called it) and spent the next few days going through withdrawal, not a fun the for anyone involved.

There was a lot of vomiting , paranoia, crying etc.

Though the biggest fight had happened just a few days before.

It had started over a simple shopping trip.

Buddy had gone out for the food shop though had been unable to find any of the fruit juices darling liked, and once he came home juiceless darling kicked off

baby new it had nothing to do with the juice, tempers had been building before that, but all baby could do was watch as baddy and darling tore into each other , yelling and blaming the other for something or another, on a few occasions one would turn to him and ask if he agreed with them but that would soon Turn into another argument about how the other person was using him to get there way. it ended with each walking in the opposite direction from the other.

All baby could do was watch, reliving memories as a child it the very same position but instead of buddy and darling it was his parents.

The helplessness hit him with full force.

Dinner That evening had not been a easy one
No one wanted to say a thing.

So They all just ate there pasta in silence.

That night baby slept on the sofa, not wanting face the awkwardness of sleeping in the same bed but no one speaking, it also allowed him to shed his tears in private.

It wasn't until long gone two that baby had been woken up my the feeling of his blanket being lifted up , a body sliding in next to his , a dip in the sofa as it supported another weight and arms wrapping around his waist.

And earbud was plucked out of his ear by the person and put into there ear.

The two layed together for a while with the soothing
Alternative/indie Voice of Kirsty MacColl.

"I'm sorry baby, it wasn't fair for us to put you in a position like that."

Baby turned to face the regretful face of buddy, the moon shining through the window being the only source of light.

though even the moon seemed to betray him as the moon enhanced his red and puffy eyes.

"Oh baby I'm so sorry."

Buddy leaned forward to place butterfly kisses all over his face.

Unable to form a coherent sentence baby simply snuggled his head into buddy chest giving the older man his answer without using words.

The two stayed wrapped around each other until the morning when baby woke only to find darling curled up next to him holding hands with buddy which were loosely wrapped around his waist.

After a morning of apologies form all sides and kisses the there were back to suffering together in solitary.