Epilogue

Epilogue.

Its funny Miles knew this day was coming and for many years had been waiting for this day, yet for some reason Miles found himself getting emotional.

Miles was packing the last of the bags into the car with Monica while Jason was preparing the car, he called from the front seat of the 1958 Edsel Pacer, as today was miles 23rd birthday, Mon and Jason let him choose the car that would drive them to Florida .

"You two nearly ready."

Doc had closed up shop, apparently the cops were starting to catch on, and from what miles had heard Doc was moving business to the west coast, to start over with a brand new team, so for baby that meant doc had no more use for him, his dep't was paid he was a free man.

The mere thought of that brought tears to miles eyes, no more high speed chases, no more crime, no more watching innocent people suffer, he was free.

Free A word baby never ever thought he would ever have the privilege to feel.

"Common miles we got to hit the road it's a good 10 hours to Miami."

He got into the back seat, Mon and Jason were in the front, they would each take it in turns to drive, first Jason, then him, then Monica.

The engine started and soon the car was pulling out into the morning traffic, miles turned to look at the apartment he shared with Jason and Monica, a few months ago joe had to be moved into a retirement home, the apartment was no longer suitable for him to live in, from frequent skype calls with joe he's settled in quite nicely and has made some friends in the home so miles wasn't too worried.

But soon he was driving past his old apartment he used to share with Joe, and memories started to flood through in mind. All the special moments in his life.

Memories of a young boy who lost his parents with no close relatives being brought into a new home with a man who was willing to accept him with all his flaws.

Dancing around the house not caring who was around jazz filling the apartments.

Peanut butter sandwiches and bananas.

Passing by the old building where memories both good and bad were made.

High speed chases through the city

The smell of gunfire and sound of bullets

The first time baby met the loves of his life.

Baby's sure he will see doc again, while he may have gotten out buddy and darling were very much still in, Miami is a good place for crime and baby has no doubt they will one time have to work for doc maybe not as much as they used to I mean there was a 2732 mile distance between them, but they have it clear to baby he does not have to re-join the crime business unless he wants to, and if he ever feels pressured, tell them and they will deal with it.

The diner

A small child sitting in the booths watching his mother work.

The young adult living in the memories of the past

The friendship of two souls who while perfect for each other were not meant to be.

Deborah is still working at the diner and has met a man named Charlie, they are going strong from what she told miles and planning to explore the world together, miles hope's with all his heart she achieves this dream if anyone deserves happiness it's her.

  Sooner than baby realised they had hit the highway 75, with the Atlanta skyscrapers gaudily getting smaller and smaller, miles turned to Mon and Jason.

Both were talking about Miami, the wind blowing Monica's hair back, the morning sun illuminating her features, as if sensing the stare thrown her way Monica turned to miles.

"Say goodbye to Atlanta might not be back for a long time."

"No thanks is good"

And he really was most of his life he had been living in the past the demons of his childhood haunting him, miles was tired of looking back to wanted to look forward.

Muse "feeling good" in his ears, the wind in his hair the hustle and bustle of morning traffic, the sound of his two lovers speaking over the wireless, Atlanta gradually disappearing as the horizon of a new start grew closer...

"it's a new dawn, it's a new day , it's a new life, for me. And I'm feeling good."

He certainly was.

I just wanna say thanks to everyone who read this, I hope I did you guys proud with this final chapter. With this epilogue your probably notice that I have used the car which is the one in the movie that Deborah greets baby once he gets out of jail, to signify baby got his dream and  happy ending to an extent. Also I used the characters real name's and very rarely mentioned there allies, what I was trying to portray with this was, baby is finally in a position where he feels safe, he's no longer in the crime life, he no longer has to watch his back and the use of the names (and car) is to emphasise a new beginning for him, and the acceptance of those two into his life permanently, no longer needing to portray a character or facade and the understanding that they see him as miles the person, not baby the getaway driver, and vise Versa, he doesn't see them as buddy & darling the criminals but as Jason & Monica the two people that love him, that except him for all he is, oh probably notice the switch between allies when speaking about doc, the reason for that is because he's still weary of doc and that life, and while he know Jason and Monica except and support his decision to get out and leave the baby persona behind, they haven't they are still buddy & darling in the criminal world , they still have those personas, though not with baby, sort of like a split personality. Anyway sorry if that made no sense I tried to describe it best I could, never mind hope you all enjoyed this book might do a sequel haven't decided yet.