C h a p t e r T w o

Start from the beginning

Jack: "Ahh that's fine I'm ok with Smash, but be aware I will defeat you"

He obviously doesn't know me well, I have 10 years of experience on my resume.

You: "Ya well let's see about that"

L a t e r   T h a t  E v e n i n g

Jack: "OH COME ON HOW ARE YOU SO GOOD"

So far I've beaten him at every single game.

You: "What was that about you saying? You were gonna you defeating me?"

Jack: "I didn't know you were THAT good"

You: "Well next time you shouldn't underestimate me"

Suddenly there was a click that immediately caught our attention. My aunt and Jack's mom were finally back from who knows where.

Jack's Mom: "Did you two have fun today?"

Jack: "Other than getting my butt kicked 16 times, I had loads of fun!"

Jack's Mom: "Well I'm glad now come on it's time for us to go"

After my aunt closed the door she immediately gave me a weird mischievous grin, it scared me a little to be honest.

Aunt Sakura: "Did it work out!?!"

You: "W-what do you mean?"

Aunt Sakura: "Oh nothing, I just wanna know if my baby boy finally got his first friend!!"

You: "O-oh... I'm not sure. How am I supposed to tell?"

Aunt Sakura: "Hmm, it may be too soon... But not to worry!! I'm sure you'll make a ton of friends when school starts!!"

You: "Ehhhhh I highly doubt that"

Aunt Sakura: "Well it's getting to be ten O'clock go ahead and take your shower and go to bed, we have a big day tomorrow!"

Oh no, what're we gonna do now... the past few days has already been pretty eventful, unless... oh no... please don't let it be—

T h e  N e x t  Day

Aunt Sakura: "We're going shopping!!!"

While it may be the first time I actually went out shopping, I've heard the many stories from my mom about how arrogant a shopper she is. You could even tell just walking into her house. She has shelves full of knick-knacks and a ton of decor and paintings.

Aunt Sakura: "So Suga' I completely forgot to mention that the school you're going to... is a dorm school which means you're gonna have to live there..."

You: "Wait- WHAT!"

Aunt Sakura: "I know, I know! It's probably too soon to move out again then move in with a complete stranger but I promise it won't be that bad!"

There's no way I'm gonna survive the year... what if I end up with someone completely horrible! Oh no... oh no... oh no...

Aunt Sakura: "Aweee don't look so gloomy now Suga, that's the whole reason why we even came here!"

Oh my god...

We start heading into random stores at the plaza.

Aunt Sakura: "So we're gonna have to get some more clothes, a bigger suitcase, a backpack, oh! and a lunchbox, more school supplies..."

You: "Were you... even prepared to take me to school in the first place???"

Aunt Sakura: "Of course I was! I just got a little distracted...."

Wow, this is extremely annoying, come to think of it this store feels really awkward... The deafening silence, the scarcity of other animals... what is going on? Then one major difference is there are barely any herbivores here... and the one that is... seems to be keeping a distance from everyone else.

As we continue to walk around on accident I bump into a little sheep. Who then fell on his bum.

You: "Oh I'm sorry let me help you—"

"GET YOUR HANDS AWAY FROM MY CHILD."

I look up and there was another sheep, who looked like she'd be the lambs' mother. Her gaze was filled with stern and worry as she quickly ran over to the baby lamb to pick it up.

Mother Sheep: "You have some nerve trying to put your crime-filled hands on my child"

Crime filled? I never committed any crimes.

You: "I'm sorry I was just trying to-"

Before I could try to explain she ran away completely avoiding my presence. What is wrong with me? I look around and realize that most of the people around me were staring, including my aunt. She quickly grabbed my wrist and ran out of the store.

Aunt Sakura: "What were you doing!?!"

You: "I-I'm sorry I was just trying to help a little kid out and-"

Aunt Sakura: "Do you have any idea what's going on right now!"

You: "N-no... I don't"

This day suddenly felt gloomy and depressing. Was it like that before?

Aunt Sakura: *Sigh* "Us carnivores are feared by herbivores, and due to recent news... we've been feared even more... I guess you can say this is part of the reason you've been protected all these years."

You: "But aren't there any positive things we've done that make it better?"

Aunt Sakura: "They don't look for those kinds of things in the news Suga, but... we shouldn't worry about this type of stuff right now... just stay outa of trouble."

A f t e r S h o p i n g

Today has given me a lot to think about, does this happen often? Will it always be that way? I just find it so weird, I didn't even do anything bad why was there such a panic?

It was practically all I could think about