Seven.

Chapter 7.

Baekhyun's P.O.V

"Where are you going, eonnie?" Taeyeon asked as Irene walked out of the door.

We're outside, Im about to go. Just saying goodbye to Taeyeon.

"I'd figure out you'd stay for the night. So I'm leaving." Irene coldly said and walked away.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked.

"Doesn't even bother me, anymore." She breathed.

"Taeyeon, you don't need to pretend."

"I'm not pretending. Why would I?"

"You're vulnerable when you're with your sister, you're hurt whenever she talks bad to you. You're hurt, you're not okay."

"Baekhyun what---" She said but I cut her off with a friendly hug.

"You should never pretend that you're okay whenever you're with me. I can be you're shoulder to cry on, I'm your friend." I hugged her tighter and soothed her back.

"Thank you." She whispered, she's actually crying right now.

She kept on crying, and I feel bad. I feel so bad.

She pulled away from the hug, wiping her eyes with her hands. I offered her my handkerchief. Which she accepted.

"I got your shirt wet, really sorry." she said.

"I thought you don't like hugs. Now I'm starting to doubt you."

"Whatever, Taeyeon." I rolled my eyes.

"I need to go." I said.

"Oh. Right, sorry. bye. See you tomorrow?"

"Okay. Bye."

"Wait, it's raining. Don't you need an umbrella?" She asked.

"I can manage, thanks."

"Well, okay. Bye."

--

"Baekhyun, you came home late." My brother said.

"Why do you care?" I snapped.

"Baekhyun. You like my sister?" Irene popped out.

"Shut up Irene." I rolled my eyes.

"Aw, you embarrassed about it?" She teased. Why is she even here anyway?

"Fuck off, Irene." I said and went inside my room.

I clicked my phone open, to check the time. Only to see that I got a text from Taeyeon.

From: Small girl ._.

Thank you for bearing with me today, Baekoongie. It meant so much to me. Have a good night, see you tomorrow.

"Baekhyun, Irene and I will go out for a week."

'Do me a favor; leave. And don't come back,' I want to say, but I decided against it.

--

I woke up minutes ago, I woke up late. And I wake up with a fever.

Must've been the rain last night. Well, a day rest.

I shiver under these thick covers. I hug the covers more hoping the coldness of the air will subside.

I sent Taeyeon a text, saying I'm not gonna make it to school today bla bla bla, bla bla bla but, I didn't tell her why.

The thought of Taeyeon makes my heart flutter, no--not in that way. She's the most precious girl I met.

A friend. Shut your malicious thoughts, readers.

Yes---I can read minds, Byun Baekhyun can read those minds.

I'm totally kidding, don't believe that.

Okay, back to Taeyeon.

Right, she's like a child, really. A friend really, she's---

*knock knock knock*

I remained silent for a while, when someone knocked again.

I forcibly got out of my bed, even though my head is throbbing with pain. And it feels like I can pass out any second.

"Who is it?" I said through my door.

"Baekhyun?" Taeyeon?

I opened my door and it revealed a cute little girl.

"What are you---"

"Baekoong! Why the heck aren't you returning my calls? I'm worried sick about you! I even pleaded Ms. Kwon to let me leave early! You just told me you can't make it to school, why the hell? I don't even know why! I'm about to go crazy, baekhyun. Look at you! You look like you just rose from the dead. How's my favourite namja?" She said.. And I'm looking at her, blinking.

"Koongie?" She snapped her fingers infront of me.

"I said, how are you?"

I rolled my eyes and walked weakly back to my room.

"Baekhyun?" She said softly.

I can't believe this. I'm imagining things about us. It's weird, Kim Taeyeon.