Chapter 17

Diavolo P.O.V.
I woke up pretty early and Maria was still asleep next to me. I have to go talk to Lucifer right away, I have to find out what is going on in here. I went to the house of Lamentation to be surprised that its awfully quiet in there. I was in my way to Lucifer’s room when i bumped into someone.
-Sorry I- Diavolo? What are you doing in here?- Beel whispered to me with a handful of snacks.
-I am here to talk to Lucifer about Maria. Why are we whispering?- Beel's eyes were now wide open.
-I wouldn't do it if I was you. Last night when Maria vanished Lucifer was furious and he transformed to his demon form and flew off. When he got back he was still furious and said if he hears a word from us he will lock us up in the attic. Mammon didn't listen to him and he played his music too loud and now he is on the attic.- Beel said to me and then walked off to his room.
What the hell is going on with Lucifer?! I went to his room and when I opened it, it was too dark for me to see for a second.
-What did I say about inter- Diavolo?
-Lucifer what the hell is going on?- I turned the light on and saw Lucifer sitting on his desk surrounded with bottles of alcohol.
-Is Maria in the castle?
-Yes. But you can't speak to her until she allows me to let you in the castle or she might kill me.- He sighed and put his head on the desk.
-Lucifer. What were you thinking? You cheated on somebody who was so broken but yet gave you a chance. Why did you do that?- My voice was more harsh then usual and he flinched. I was mad on him and I didn't hesitate to show it.
-I didn't really had a choice. There is this witch that I owe a few favors, many kind of favors, and she came for a charge. I gave her the money but she wasn't satisfied with it. That witch is half demon and she needs a strong demon so her child can be as powerful as she is. She said that I will help her or she would get rid of my brothers, and if I said a word to anyone she would hurt Maria...- I was listening to his every word and he wasn't lying, I know he wasn't because my power is to recognize the truth.
-Lucifer you know that Maria is the most powerful being un all four worlds, and if you just told her she would make sure that that witch is gone in no time.
-I couldn't. Maria was in hospital last few months while this was happening and I couldn't get to her, and even if I did she wouldn't be able to leave the hospital without anyone noticing...- He was right, but Maria won’t agree with it. She is stubborn and she would find a way to get rid of that witch without harming her human reputation.
-Please Diavolo, try to convince her into talking with me so I can explain.
-I'll try my best.- I said to him and walked out of his room.
Maria P.O.V.
I woke up with a burning feeling in my stomach and I felt like the fire was spreading through my body. I threw the covers off of me and tried to cool myself down with magic. I have been practicing with water and it came out helpful at this moment because I cooled down a bit. I don't know why I feel this but its horrible and I hate it so much. I calmed down just at time because Diavolo came in the room…
-Hey Maria. How are you feeling?
-Uh, like shit? I don't even know...- I didn't lie, I was mad and sad and tired all at the same time.
-Well Barbatros made breakfast for us and he rearranged your old room that you were staying in when you came to visit as a kid.
-Oh, thank you. To be honest I hatted that room, it’s too much pink.- He laughed and we went down for a breakfast. I just hope this burning thing doesn't happen again while I am with Diavolo.
After we finished breakfast I went up to my own room and as soon as I locked the door that burning feeling started again. I felt desperate because this time not even water or ice helped me to cool down…
The burning feeling was constantly happening for the past five days and I couldn't stop it. I didn't let anyone inside my room and didn't eat for five days. I was exhausted from the burning and from crying my eyes out every time it happened, and like that wasn't enough I was constantly thinking about Lucifer and what he did to me and my heart was aching the whole time. I hate him so much for doing this to me..
Diavolo P.O.V
Maria hasn't came out of her room for five days. I am so worried about her that I haven't slept last night at all. I talked to Mammon and he said that Jackie and other girls had no idea about the whole cheating situation so I decided to pay them a visit and ask them to come and try to get Maria out of her bedroom.
I opened the portal and went to their fortress, much to my surprise they were already outside and one girl with brown hair and yellow eyes was with them.
-Diavolo? What a coincidence, we were just heading to your castle. Mammon just called me and told me what Lucifer did and we wanted to check on Maria.- Jackie said when she noticed I came through the portal.
-Hello girls. I came to ask you to do just that. I wasn't able to get her out of her room for five days straight. And may I ask, who is your friend over there.- I looked at the brown headed girl and she rolled her eyes at me. Great she has the same attitude as Maria...
-Oh sorry. This is Dannie, she is a werewolf from Maria's dad pack. Her and Maria are very close and we might need her help...
-Wussup, I suppose you are the great Lord Diavolo I've heard so much about.- She put her hand out and I took it to shake hands with her.
-Yes I am Diavolo, nice to meet you.- She has a really tight grip...
-What are we waiting for? We have to go Maria probably needs our help!- Lin yelled and we all agreed and went through the portal.
Jackie P.O.V
When we went through the portal Diavolo made we were in his castle. This castle is huge so he led us up to Maria's room.
-Maria. Hey its Jackie. Please open the door.
-NO.- I heard her shout from the inside.
-Maria. Open the door now.
-I. SAID. NO. GO AWAY.- She shouted at me... Oh I see we have to do it the hard way…
-Diavolo I am sorry for this.
-For wha- I kicked the door open to see Maria curled up in a ball on her bed with blankets on the floor.
-I SAID GO AWAY. LEAVE ME ALONE... please..- She sobbed the last part and I came to her to touch her forehead. She was burning, its worse than I thought.
-Go get towels and soak them in cold water.- Dannie commanded and we all went to do as she said. When we came back we wrapped Maria in towels and they started to evaporate from her hot body.
-It’s not enough we have to put her in a bathtub full of cold water.- Dannie said and Diavolo came to pick her up and he carried her to the bathroom. He put her in the bathtub and we filled it with cold water.
Her temperature started to go down when the water got warm. I dried her off and put some dry clothes on her and carried her to the bed where she fell asleep. She had huge bags under her eyes and she was pale.
-What the fuck was that?! Is this why she didn't let us in the room?- We were silent for a second not knowing if we should tell him but then Dannie spoke up…
-It’s called heat, werewolf experience it when they heart gets broken by their soul mate. Since Maria is partly fire werewolf her heat is worse than it is for regular werewolves.- Her tone was very professional but her voice was cracking.
Dannie and Maria are really close, maybe more than I am close to Maria and this hurts Dannie just by looking at her.
-So what are we going to do? How does it stop?- I sighed, here comes the hard part…
-Maria has to ether reject her mate or stop thinking about what he did. Every time she remembers it the heat starts.
-Maria wont reject Lucifer, she is to stubborn for it.- Diavolo said and I nodded in agreement.
-That’s why we are here to take her mind of it.- Anne said and smirked.
-Why do I have a bad feeling about this.
-Oh Diavolo. We know Maria way to well. Trust me she will be a whole new person when we finish with her.- Sarah said and Diavolo looked even more worried now…
-Let’s say I trust you, I think Maria has to rest now so you can stay in guest rooms here in the castle and you can do whatever you plan on doing tomorrow.- We all agreed and left Maria in her room to sleep.