Chapter 11

When we got back at my apartment Beel and Angela along with Belphie and Milie left straight away to their rooms and Lucy and I went to my room.
-So what is it that you need from me so I need to stay here tonight?- Lucifer asked me when he made himself comfortable on my bed.
-I need you to watch over me since I might go and do something stupid tonight...- That was partly true. I was getting super frustrated with everything and when I'm frustrated I do stupid things.
-So I am on a babysitter duty tonight?- he raised an eyebrow but he was laughing.
-No. You are not a babysitter. More like a guardian or something. You can go if you want to though, its fine.- I hoped he won’t go and I was right.
-I won’t leave you here after you told me you might do something stupid. I hate being a babysitter but Diavolo would probably cut my head off if something happened to you.
-YOU ARE NOT A BABYSITER. We might be the same age actually.- Now he is getting on my nerves, but still his presence was making me stay calm.
-Whatever you say pup.- And there goes the nickname again. I scoffed at him and sat on my desk. I made a little fire ball and it turned to a little portal.
-Whoa, what’s that?- Lucifer asked as he got up from my bed and came to sit next to me.
-This is how I keep in touch with my gang, look.- A white headed girl with ocean blue eyes appeared in the portal.
-Hello Maria what’s up? You haven't called me for a long time now.- she was looking like my reflection, we had similar face features except she was the light version of my darkness.
-Hi Jackie. Listen I have a problem.- Her expression dropped, she knows I wouldn't joke about something important.
-I am listening, what happened?- I proceeded to tell her a shorter version of what has been going on from that car crash, to Raphael’s sudden visit.
-I suppose you need our help right?- I nodded
-Yes I do. And I need a favor, could you contact the rest of the girls? When you do make sure you are at my apartment on the beach tomorrow at 2pm. We have a lot of work to do.. She nodded and the portal disappeared.
I am glad my girls will be there for me when I need them. After all we have been through thick and thin together.
-So, do all girls look like your reflection or is it just me hallucinating?- Lucifer asked with a really serious expression which made me laugh
-No. Jackie and I share some genes from my father’s side. We are cousins but not very close ones. I assume that’s why the two of us look alike.- He sighed, I think he was really thinking he was hallucinating.
-By work, you mean making a strategy right?
-Oh not just that. You all will be coming to the hidden fortress where my girls live to train. Your powers won’t be enough for this battle. Monsters can be really fast and dangerous and you will need to know how to fight with your body and with weapons.- He was looking at me probably trying to see if I was joking but I was not. Monsters can be really dangerous and I learned it the hard way...
-Then we better go to sleep because tomorrow will be a really busy day- Lucifer growled when he looked at the balcony. When I turned to look at the balcony I could see why. Raphael was standing there smiling at us
-Aren't you two a real cuties?
-What do you want Raphael?. He laughed at me.
-Oh was I interrupting something?- Now I was getting impatient and it was my time to growl
-I asked what do you want? What we do is none of your business.- His expression dropped.
-I am here to deliver a message. Agamemnon said you have 15 days to prepare yourself for what’s coming. After 15 days if you don't come to the forest in Astoria, he won’t mind fighting you here and killing people that decide to be on his way.- And with that he disappeared again. I hate when those filthy wizards do that. I can't teleport and it’s so not fair.
-I'll make sure he is the first one to lose his head in the battle.- Lucifer said with his eyebrows frowned.
I laughed.-Why? Because he looks better than you?- Lucifer's head snapped towards me and he started to... tickle me. How childish.
I started to laugh like crazy.- No- Lucy- STOOOOOP.
-Take that back. I look better than that stupid wizard.- I was out of breath by now
-Okay- Okay- I TAKE IT BACKKK JUST STOOOP.- He stopped tickling me and I was holding my tummy trying to regain my breath.
-I hate you, don’t do that ever again you crazy demon.- He was looking at me with that stupid smirk again
-That’s what you get when you try to roast me about my look pup.- This bitch. He knows how good he looks and he takes that as his advantage.
-I hate you.
-No you don't. C'mon now we should go to sleep.
I went to my closet to change and when I got out he was laying on my bed.
-Um what do you think you are doing on my bed?
-Well I slept so well last night and so did you, so I figured out we can sleep like last night. But I can leave your bed if you-
-NO. I mean... no, you can stay there. I am tired and I want to get a nice sleep tonight.- He smiled and spread his hands to cuddle me. I would lie if I said it didn't feel nice sleeping in his hug again... but this is just a friendly hug okay? “Pift yea right” the voice in my head said to me... Oh shut up.
-Goodnight pup.
-Goodnight Lucy.- He was playing with my hair and soon I fell asleep.
Lucifer P.O.V
-Goodnight pup.
-Goodnight Lucy.- I love the way she says my nickname. After I heard that Nick betrayed her by giving her to Agamemnon I realized why is she so distant to any male in particular. I know how it feels when someone betrays you, I have been there... but the person you trust the most and someone you love as your partner... By now I am one hundred percent sure I love her. Her actions today have proved for me that she is the one I have been looking for. The way she jumped to catch her friend when she was falling not caring if someone who should see is going to see her demon form, and the way she shielded her friends and Beel with her wings shows how selfless she is. When I heard her story I was so mad at myself for not being there to help her when nobody else did. The more I know about her the more I want to stay by her side and protect her. I won’t push her to tell me does she feels the same. She put big barriers around her after the betrayal of her lover and I don't blame her for that. I just hope she lets me in some day and I hope I will be able to help her heal. I spent half an hour thinking about everything that had happened today and about what I heard. I was playing with her hair and fell asleep holding her close.
-No one will ever hurt you again. I promise.- I said more to myself and then fell asleep.