(<<5>>)

Their mother sighed and lead them to the set table. 

Oh crap.

"I think the news will be spoken of better while you both are eating. I don't think anything of that will be awesome for you to hear."

Taeyong looked over to his brother and held his hand out for his brother to hold, which the other gladly took, and both went to the dining table. "Dig in", said their father and leaned back in his seat, not eating anything the mother made. Donghyuck separated his hand from Taeyong's, only to take his brother's other hand in order to be able to eat. So both quickly stuffed their mouth to signalize their mother that they will not interrupt her explanation of what was going on. 

"So... your father and i we both have had some disagreements in the past." Their father huffed, folding his arms. "In the past! Some disagreements! You must be kidding me woman." Taeyong gripped Donghyuck's hand tighter, fearing another fight between the parents and Donghyuck stopped eating, because he felt like throwing up already. "Shut up", said the mother, clearly annoyed by her husband, "i'm trying to make the kids understand and support us you idiot."

Donghyuck swallowed and looked at his brother, his face spelling out fear. Taeyong did not look at his brother, but he knew he had the same face on, they both were not that different. 

"What... what should we support?", asked Taeyong, laying down his fork and taking the other hand of his brother. The mother sighed and decided to ignore her husband. 

"Our divorce. I cannot live with this ignorant man, i cannot live with this- donkey." The father sighed and looked angrily at her. "I also cannot live with this goat." Donghyuck lowered his head, and Taeyong felt his brother's sadness. He felt the grip on his hands loosening, and then his brother stood up and ran into their shared room. "Ah look, now you chased your son away!", barked the mother, making the father going to his limits. "It is also your son! When will you take responsibility of him!" "This is not my son! Taeyong is my son yes, but Donghyuck was a mistake!", she spat out, making Taeyong clutch his eyes. 

This was his family. This was the harsh reality, this was the hell designed for him and his brother to live in. His brother, his lovely brother, was not a mistake- but thanks to the now screeching and screaming woman, who was cursing at her soon-to-be ex-husband- he got told this nearly everyday. 

Taeyong's teeth had sunken deep into the flesh of his cheeks as he felt the anger rise inside of him. His brother was no mistake. Lee Donghyuck was no mistake.

"Donghyuck is not a mistake!", he screamed and followed into the direction where his brother went. He heard his mother shout his name and telling him to come back, but he had better things to do.

His brother sat on the bed, sad, and the image was heartbreaking to Taeyong. His sunshine was crying, his little beautiful brother was biting his fingers to choke his sobs, this small flower looked so helpless and crushed by the pressure. Taeyong embraced his brother and held him tight to his chest, also feeling the helplessness bubble up inside of him, making his eyes water and his chest feel tight. He was the older brother, why could he not keep everything bad away from him?
"It's not your fault", he softly whispered to his broken brother, "you are beautiful, and everything good in the world. Mom just can't see this" Taeyong's voice cracked, his inner dam breaking and so he let his tears flow in sync with his brother's tears. "B-but", cried Donghyuck, his usually loud voice quiet and shattered, "if there would be no me, there would b-be n-no fights and no-" Donghyuck could not speak anymore, his hiccups interrupting him, his sobs getting louder. 

But Taeyong knew what he was going to say. Without Donghyuck, their mother would be not married Donghyuck's father. He held his brother even tighter, his chest clenching even more with every word his brother said and with every sob his brother cried, but as he was already crying himself, he could only shake his head. "Don't say that", he begged, "I need you. Please don't think about going. And what would Mark do if you were gone?" Donghyuck sniffed as he hid his face in his brothers chest. "Why would Mark care", he cried, "why would anyone care?" Taeyong stroke his brothers hair, his tears also flowing uncontrollably. "I would care", he whispered broken, "because i really love you. I don't care what mum says. We both are brothers, alright? We are different, but not that different as everyone thinks we are. I am your older brother, and you are my younger brother, and that's that." His brother sniffed in response. 

They both sat in silence, quietly comforting each other, holding onto each other. The divorce was not the problem, they both always wished for them to divorce, however, the divorce meant for the brothers that they both were going to be separated. Donghyuck knew that in the first years of his life Taeyong had problems accepting his brother- the problem was his brother's father. It was not his own father. He did not know the man, but his mother was in awe of him. She liked Donghyuck, and with the help of his mother he learned to love his brother, and defended him from others. Both brothers grew close, but as time went on, the parents did the exact opposite: they started growing apart and got bored of their love to each other. Their fights were daily over small things, but fearing the separation Donghyuck and Taeyong ( being only children) tried to tie their parents together, tried to build a happy family. 

It only got worse. Their mother started to hate the man she married, and with him, she started to hate the innocent child he had brought into the family. This hurt Donghyuck very much and in his pain he searched for a replace of his mother, which he found in his older brother. Taeyong watched his brother growing very mature despite being young and the worsening situation just made both brothers inseparable, holding onto each other for help, support and love. 

Donghyuck broke the silence. "I'm sorry", he said, his voice still quiet and the traces of crying still evident on his face, but to Taeyong his brother still looked beautiful and angel-like. "Don't be", replied Taeyong, looking the same as his brother. "This is not our fault, especially not your's Hyuck." Donghyuck nodded tiredly and lied down onto his bed pulling Taeyong with him. Both brothers were somehow young grown- ups but they could never say no to cuddling with each other. Both looked at each other, none of them both wanted to sleep. 

Let's just stay like this forever.