31. Concert guest

Start from the beginning

After the first chorus, we are moving on to something a lot slower, Taehyung oppa's singularity. All my dancers have gone off stage and I'm left to dance alone with the mannequin. Their ARMYs have literally stopped chanting and suddenly the idea of over 80,000 pairs of eyes staring at me gives me chills. But as Freddi oppa said, I should enjoy it.

The song transitions smoothly to Jimin oppa's 'Serendipity', thanks to Slow Rabbit PD nim's arrangements. There's not much to say about this song apart from it being absolutely beautiful. I have to work my core muscles to do the whole body turn starting on the floor. He also has the softest flowing moves which are hard to achieve but judging from the ARMYs applause and screams, I guess I am doing a satisfactory job.

After finishing the beautiful last notes of 'Serendipity', it's finally time for 'Euphoria'.

Don't get me wrong, I love the song. I just don't love what I'm about to do.

'Take my hands now, you are the cause of my euphoria.'

After singing the first chorus, I slowly walk to the designated place for the technician to strap me onto the hook while singing the bridge. Then up we go...

My voice is a bit shaky when I first took off. Please, hold me tight, I pray to the god of ropes.

The ARMYs reactions seem to get more excited the higher up I go. I force myself to open my eyes and take a look at the crowd, just like what I always do. They are just like the fans at my concert, cheering for the idol's performance with passion and support. BTS has worked so hard in order to show their love and gratitude for their fans. Jungkook oppa did this so many times for their tour and did not complain a single time, even when he had to soar around the arena in the freezing Winter. I have no right to whine.

And it's actually not that bad.

I've gotten used to the heights now so I can focus on waving at the fans and the song. The high note in the bridge was much better than the one I did during rehearsal.

Finally, it's time to come back to the ground. I get off the hook after I'm untied.

The moment my left foot hits the ground, my right foot trips over the hook. I am faceplanting onstage and it's so gonna be captured by the audience and that's gonna be it for my career!

Suddenly, a strong arm catches me and helps me on my feet again.

Jungkook oppa smiles as he's filling in the 'yeah's for me at the last part of the song. I give him a quick nod and straightens myself. We dance our way to the front and join the dancers for the last dance break of the song.

He even harmonizes with me on the last note.

Oh my god.

The sea of ARMYs literally goes crazy when my performance ends. And I think they are even chanting my name!

'SHANNON! SHANNON!...'

Jungkook oppa tells them to give me another round of applause before I return the stage to the expert. 'That is Shannon, everyone!'

-------------

My first Australian trip passes by like a blink. I am finally back to Seoul and am currently in one of the studios at BigHit.

I am having my first Vlive live today. I've watched videos of the lives by BTS and TXT and they mainly just talked about what they did and read comments from the fans. I should be able to do that.

Freddie oppa helped me set up the phone for me to do live. He even offers to sit behind the camera to give me hints of what to say if I ever run out of things to talk about, which from the interaction between me and Jungkook oppa, happens very often.