Chapter 5

~Paiges POV~

"Trevor! Come on! It's not that far!" I say to the boy trailing not so far behind me. "I know, I know but we are going up hill...." He replies. "Dude we are literally 7 steps from the village, COME ON!" He jogs up to catch up with me and we walk into the village together.

The village had many different tipies made of animal hide. Some of them had smoke coming from the top, others didn't, indicating some people were in their houses, some were out and about. Rocks line the dirt roads. In the center of the town, was a fire pit with some logs surrounding it as seats, This is where they have campfire, story telling events at night. I have been here before for a story telling event, it was quite nice and exciting. Nate really tells the best stories,stories of the Indian's 'past.' Everyone knows that they are just made up. Even some of the Indians dress, and live normally. Like the Chief, Nate. He lives in a Tipi but dresses completely normal. Same for his twin sister Tiger Lily.

I walk into the center of the village, where Nate was. "Paige?!" He says with wide eyes. "Yeah it's me, This is Trevor by the way." I say pointing at Trevor. "Nate." He says and nods at Trevor. "Anyway, why are you two here? Wouldn't you two be 16 by this time?" I nod. "Yeah we are both 16. I have no idea why either of us are here. But can you give us some food or something?!" I ask. He nods and goes into a near by tipi.

Nate was a normal looking guy. Probably his mid to late 20's. He has perfectly tan skin and huge brown eyes. His dark brown hair styled so it was in a quiff and his tips were blonde, like he bleached them. He was pretty tall maybe 6 foot. This boy was wearing a brown muscle tee that showed off his biceps off nicely. He also had some jeans with a rip on the left knee. On his feet were some brown converse. He wore a piece of leather string with a big tooth on it. This strange tooth seemed like it came from a large cat like a leopard or bobcat.

Nate came out with a bunch of food. Fruit, nuts, berries ect. "Dang that's a lot of food." I say putting it into Trevor's bag. "Anyway, do you know why were are here?" I ask him. His smile turns into a frown. "Um, no I uh, don't" Nate stuttered and looked at his incredibly dirty converse. "Nate. what aren't you telling me." I say through gritted teeth. "There's sort of something no one in Neverland can tell you two." He kicks a small rock. "Why?" "Well there is a oath that everyone here took saying if we can't tell, we cant tell, or bad things would happen." Nate looks slowly up. I sigh. "OK, I don't want anything to happen to you guys. But at least I know somethings up. Thanks for the food. I'll see you later." I walk away slowly. "Come on, Trev." He follows quickly behind.

"So do you know everyone here?" Trevor asks. Shrugging my shoulders, I respond. "Not really 'know.' The only people I'm actually close to is Hook, Nathan, Tiger Lilly and Nate. Everyone else wither hates me, or doesn't want to get to know me." We walk down the descending slope. "What do you mean, 'not wanting to get to know you'?" "It's complicated..." I state. We pass the Indian camp, then hook's ship, then finally we get to the shelter.

"Go put some of the food, in the room with all of the shelves." I say sitting at the table, with the map. I carefully unroll it and lay it flat over the oak wood table. "This is where the crossroads between Lost Boy's cabin and the forbidden area..." I mutter to myself. "So there should be a steam with a bridge right about...here" I run my index finger over the soft bark map. "That's where the mermaids live...." "Hey, who are you talking to?" Trevor says snapping me out of my thoughts. "Oh, uh just talking to myself." He sits in the chair right next to me. "Oh uh you have a little dirt on your cheek." Trevor says and gently wipes it off of my cheek. "Oh um thanks..." I look down and blush a little while he rubs his neck. "Anyway, what is all of these things on the map?" Trevor directs his gaze to the soft sheet of bark on the table in front of us. "This is all of Neverland, my friend." I smile at his facial expression. "Over here is Pixie Place, this is The Neighborhood and here it the Forbidden Zone." I say pointing to each area when I say its name. "Over here, at the edge of The Neighborhood is Lost Boy's Cabin. That's where Peter and the lost boys live." I shutter at the names. "Why does everyone here hate them?" Trevor asks in a tone saying he has been wondering this whole time. "Well...." I start. " There is many reasons why one would hate them. Especially for me, but I won't get into that." He groans. "You never tell me anything, Paige! I thought we were friends!"

"Trevor we are friends, you will learn the secrets of Neverland with time. I promise." "OK, fine. We don't even know why we are here!" I sigh in frustration. "Trevor, I know we don't. I cant do anything about it, ok? All I know is that there is something weird going on, and we need to find out what."

~Unknown's POV~

We will see about that. They will never find out what I have, that I am positive on. And never will she ever see that boy of her's either. This will be the time where I win. That little girl doesn't even know what's coming.