Moondrop

Category: AU - The Moon's Son

—the moons, the suns, the stars, and the planets. there are galaxies scattered with them. working to create a balanced force within space itself—
————————————————————————

Hongjoong was lonely, had always been that way. Nobody but his father knew him. Nobody but his father saw him.

He sat, enclosed in his icy prison as the core of Dione. Life was small, very small, and it was driving him insane. It wasn't like Dione cared for him, it seemed.

Often, Hongjoong sang to himself. They were only tunes he made up, had been recited over and over and over again for decades. He remembered nearly all that he had created.

Though, the need for them had gone away.

Instead he found another way to pass the time, through art. Living, breathing art. It started with one creation.

A small creature made of ice and gas, taken from the prison which held him. Hongjoong worked for 24 straight hours on perfecting the small bird:

Its elegant wings spiraled in many branches of gas, always frothing. The sharp feathers of ice, most of which were curled at the base of the neck, scattered as it flew.

Complete with a long craned beak, Hongjoong's bird was absolute genius. Though it didn't pay any attention to its creator, it was something, and that's what mattered.

The day he had been discovered had been the day his little bird was destroyed.

Melted away by Hongjoong's light, the only light within his life. His own burning star, which had been brought to him in a burst of sunlight.

Cradled in his arms, Hongjoong spent his time making a replica of a certain little bird just as it used to be while the other was asleep.

"Look," he murmured, laying a cold hand on his light's cheek, "I'm finished."

His light smiled after he opened his eyes, taking a look at the moon's delicate creation. "You can't touch it this time." Hongjoong whispered.

A smile tugged on both of their lips. "I won't." His light said, resting his head upon Hongjoong's shoulder and giving his body a squeeze.

He closed his eyes, keeping his hand which occupied the bird far away from his burning sun. "Can you make me a dragon?" He asked, sitting up in his light's lap.

He brought one of Hongjoong's hands to his chest. "I'll make you anything you ask for."

His sun worked as Hongjoong watched, careful not to touch, and made what he had asked of him. The dragon, sophisticated and intricate, was finished within 68 hours.

The two had sat and worked, hushed praises escaping from Dione's son. His light was flawless in his attention to detail, which was recognized with the kiss that Hongjoong had laid upon his lips.

Soon, the fiery dragon was finished. Hongjoong brought his hand up alongside his love, which held his creature. "Do you think they can touch each other?" Hongjoong whispered.

He laid back into his light's chest and set his bird into the air. His sun encompassed him on every side as their creations soared in the cage. "Yes. They'll be like you and me."

Hongjoong smiled and observed the painfully familiar walls of his cage, crude and dark. He thought back to when he was alone, but only briefly.

"They can," came the deep voice, a sultry tune in Hongjoong's ear. He could feel the warmth radiating from his sun, literally and figuratively. He was smiling widely now.