Jumping on the Trampoline Was Not Such A Good Idea After All

Category: Fluff

   —a mishap on the trampoline lands Mingi in a leg cast instead of back on the stretchy material—
————————————————————————
   Mingi had begged Hongjoong to jump on the trampoline with him. He had an urge to be active after consuming some lemon cake, and dragged his poor boyfriend with him.

"The trampoline makes me really tired, can I please just watch you?" Hongjoong pleaded for the last time, which Mingi swears could convince anyone of anything in a heartbeat.

"Your cuteness won't sway me, get your ass on the trampoline or I will crush you." Mingi smiled, sitting down cross-legged in the center of the trampoline.

Reluctantly, Hongjoong crawled onto the trampoline to stand beside Mingi. "Do you want to play a game or..?" The younger didn't let Hongjoong stand idly for too long.

Mingi grabbed Hongjoong's hands and started jumping up and down continuously, making his boyfriends hands and arms move with him. "Jump, Joongie!" Mingi cried, disappointed by Hongjoong's lack of movement.

The older couldn't resist for too much longer so he decided to give in and started jumping with Mingi, laughing each time he would get double-bounced into the air.

After a couple of minutes, Mingi felt tired and sat down on the trampoline. "Can you get some water for us?" He groaned, out of breath. Hongjoong honestly didn't want to, but went back inside the house anyway.

As soon as he stepped back outside, Mingi yelled at him. "Watch this!" He shouted, preparing to do something probably really cool (or that's what Hongjoong tells himself).

But instead of jumping up and into a backflip like Mingi expected himself to do, the next thing he felt was the hard ground and pain in his left leg.

The trampoline had broken underneath him. Mingi's legs hit the ground first and he screamed out, alerting Hongjoong.

"Holy shit!" He sprinted to the now broken trampoline and slid next to Mingi. "M-my leg!! It hurts, Hongjoong, it hurts!" He cried, fresh tears blotting his vision.

"Mingi just calm down, okay? We'll get you to the hospital and everything will be fine." Hongjoong said, making sure Mingi would not by any means look down at his leg.

It was twisted in a very unnatural way that clearly showed it was broken. Hell, even Hongjoong's knees felt weak after he looked at it.

"Everything hurts so much," Mingi sobbed, holding on tight to Hongjoong's shoulders. "Shh, just wrap your arms around me and I'll help you, babe. Trust me."

Hongjoong struggled a bit to lift Mingi up without doing anything to further the pain. The two made their way to Mingi's car, Hongjoong consoling the hurting boy all the way there.

"Where are your keys?" He asked softly, searching around in Mingi's back and front pockets. "Back pocket, left side." He managed.

Hongjoong locates the keys and pulls Mingi over to the passenger's side of the car. He helped him get in then quickly ran around to the driver's side.

"Does it hurt more now?" He asked, sighing in relief when Mingi eventually answered him with a small 'no.' "That's good then," Hongjoong answered. "I'm so sorry this happened to you."

Mingi coughed a little from the tears he had shed previously. He tried hard not to look down but couldn't will himself to keep that thought in his head.

"Oh my god I'm gonna be sick!" He cries, alarming Hongjoong. "I told you not to look at it Mingi." He scolded, taking a second to glance over to his freaked-out boyfriend.

"We're almost to the hospital, baby. Think about other things in the meantime to take away the pain." Hongjoong says, steadying his hands on the wheel.

He spares one more glance Mingi's way before giving him the aux cord, which was connected to his phone. "How about some music? It can be anything you want." He tells him.

Soon, Honeymoon is playing out of the car speaker. Hongjoong smiles when he hears the way too familiar B.A.P song and sings along with Mingi until they arrive at the hospital.

☆彡

   "I actually don't mind the cast. It's pretty and we can draw on it." Mingi smiled. Now only a couple hours after their hospital trip, Hongjoong and Mingi were laying on their couch and watching tv.

"But your crutches look ungodly." Hongjoong pointed out as his fingers stopped threading through Mingi's orange hair. "Do you want ice cream? I want ice cream." He says, getting up.

"I always want ice cream." He hears Mingi snort as he left the room.

Returning with two bowls, Hongjoong instead sits on the floor and sets his head on Mingi's good knee. "Here," he hands one bowl to his lover.

They watch the show until about 10:45, both bowls of ice cream empty. "Get up and go brush your teeth." Hongjoong says, wrapping his hand around Mingi's briefly.

He helps the (currently) disabled boy stand up from the couch and tucks both crutches under his arms. Mingi proceeds to get ready to sleep while Hongjoong cleans up their stuff.

Both boys are happy to be in bed after the tiring day, Mingi especially. "I'm sorry I forced you to play on the trampoline with me and then getting hurt," Mingi says randomly.

Hongjoong smiles, not opening his eyes or turning towards Mingi. "You're not forgiven," he says. "You gave me a heart attack when you fell through the trampoline."

"Uh, how do you think I felt?!" Mingi exclaimed, lightly hitting Hongjoong on the back of his head. "I don't care how you feel. Go to sleep you idiot." Hongjoong says.

"Fine, but don't blame me when my body will  'accidentally' crush you in the middle of the night." Mingi wrapped his arms tight around Hongjoong.

"Please no, I don't want to suffocate." Hongjoong whined, actually finding it hard to breathe under the tall boy's grip.

"Shh, just go to sleep. You're making my leg hurt again, you almost kicked it." Mingi said, his tone sounding sad and neglected. "That's your fault," Hongjoong states playfully.

"I guess jumping on the trampoline wasn't such a good idea after all."
————————————————————————
End 🌸

Word Count: 1082
Published: 03/22/2020

Recommended: Nightmare|VICTON
<and also Honeymoon by B.A.P>

*Okay so I was wondering if anybody wanted a Yunho X Jongho fanfic as a sort of 'celebration' for Yunho's birthday tomorrow? If nobody wants it, I won't write it but it could be an idea at least.*

Mingjoong Oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें