The End

She sighed as she watched the ticking clock rotate on the wall. It had been three days since Levi left and it felt like years to her. She missed him and his subtle expressions of affection towards her.

"(y/n), you've been awfully distracted today. What's keeping you occupied?" Linda asked, passing by her as she put away some of the books into their respected shelves. 

She looked at her, cutting her hollow stare. "Oh, uhhh..." 

"Boyfriend problems? Were you able to reconnect with him?" she put a hand on her hip.

"Not really, a problem. And yes, we're fine now, but..." she looked away, thinking of how she could explain and lie at the same time about where Levi was. "uhh, he's kinda out of town at the moment and I’m just wondering whether he’s doing well.”

Linda started to go towards the cashier and she followed behind. “I’m sure he’s doing fine,” she tried to reassure her, “What is he doing out of town?”

Her eyes slightly widened, “… he’s on vacation with his family.” Lying through her teeth had become a routine for her. She had to lie to a large amount of people basically every day just to get away with the fact that her boyfriend was from another world. “I just miss him.”

“Aww, it’s okay, (y/n).” she gave her a warm look, “He’ll be back soon.”

“I hope he will be.” She muttered under her breath.

Her legs gave in as she lay on her couch, turning on the television and watching a rerun of the show for the 10th time.

It seemed like her life had been boring without Hange and Levi. She didn’t remember how her days went before she met them. Although she had friends to talk to, she didn’t really fancy going out, and she felt that Marco was too busy to hang out, or that he was tired of seeing her face after seeing each other two consecutive days.

Petra and Oulo came by the day before to see if she had been lying or not.

-

“These… these are us...” Petra scanned the book with fear written across her face, pointing at the panel with her face in it.

“Did you draw these or something?” Oulo asked, suspicious of what she was showing- still not believing whatever it was she said.

“No, I didn’t. I’m not going to dedicate my life drawing other people, I have a job you know.” She could hardly maintain herself from being impatient with him, but she didn’t want to be rude.

They scanned through the pages, seeing their previous life and the type of world they lived in.

“Who is that? He looks really familiar…” Petra pointed at a panel of Levi, and looked at Oulo.

“He must have been one of our friends or something…” he scratched his chin and stroked it.

“That’s Levi. He was the captain of your squad. He’s still alive right now and I’ve met him.” She smiled as she looked at his panel. “When he comes back I’ll introduce you to him.”

She took the book and flipped the pages and pointed at a panel.

“You remember them?” she looked at the two with confused faces, but showed slight recognition as they looked closer.

“Sort of… it’s all kind of blurry still but there’s something about it that feels a bit nostalgic.” Petra answered, furrowing her eyebrows.

“Those are your team mates. They are the ones who were chosen to be in Levi’s squad along with you two.” She smiled at them. For some reason she felt bad that they didn’t remember anything about their previous life, but the life they lived now seemed to be much better than the one they lived before. The wonder and curiosity in their eyes made her tear up. She couldn’t believe that they had died in the book.