Suspicions

"Hey, you should take her out," Hange suggested to Levi who was making breakfast for everyone. "She likes you. You like her, right? Right?" she grinned.

He swatted her off. "Fuck off, Hange. I know you're bullshitting."

"No, no! Come on, just take her somewhere! Ask her out!" She pleaded.

"Shut up, you'll wake her." he grunted carrying an empty plate to the counter. "If she does actually feel mutual," he continued after a long silence, "and we get into a relationship, how do you think she would react to finding out about us?"

Hange fell silent and put a finger to her lip. "Just stick to the plan and she won't have to find out." She grinned and stuck her thumb. "Now take her on a date." she added. "I need to go back for a while."

"Why do I have to go? Why can't you take her and let me go back?"

"Because you both like each other, jeez, stop acting like you don't want to be alone with her." she replied, "so please?" She begged.

(y/n) was awoken by Hange screaming in the kitchen. She shot up from her bed. Is Hange in trouble? she put on a pair of pants and slammed the door wide open.

"Yay! Yay!" She ran into the kitchen and saw Hange cheering as well as a very annoyed Levi.

"What happened? Is everyone okay?" she questioned.

Hange looked at Levi as if urging him to say something.

"(y/n), we're going to spend the day out." Levi said, causing Hange to smile wider.

"Oh, where are we going?" she told him.

"I don't know, wherever you prefer." He put the bacon in the plate.

"Hange, where do you want to go?" She scratched her head.

"Oh, I'm not going!" Hange replied as she walked into the dining area and slumped down on a chair to which Levi and (y/n) followed suit.

"Why not?" her eyes widened, the thought of spending the whole day with Levi scared her. Even if she spent a few days alone with him before Hange arrived, it was not the same. Not after what happened a few nights back. They haven't talked much since that night.

"Because," she dragged the word as if she was a child hiding something. "I don't want to go. I'm too much of a bother anyway, you guys go on." she swatted her hand.

"O-okay," she reluctantly replied.

"We'll go after we eat." Levi stated.

---

"Look!" She grabbed him, running towards the clownfish. It reminded her of Nemo.

She lightly tapped on the glass. He was stunned and rather speechless, all of these colourful creatures were alien to him, he didn't know that there were fish of these vibrant colours.

She looked at him- it was the first time she'd seen him show amazement. The blue reflection of the water shone in his eyes, his breaths were still- enjoying the peacefulness despite the loud crowds and screaming children. She looked away before he could look back. He squeezed her hand causing her to profusely blush. Although they were friends, they held hands throughout the whole trip. Friends do that, right? Some of my friends do it, so it's not weird at all. She thought.

"Come, there's more to see." She walked forward, pulling him over to the underwater tunnel.

They stopped walking at one point to ponder at the vast waters.

"I've never seen you so amused before, Levi." (y/n) marveled at his expression.

"If Hange was here, she'd probably break down and start crying." he added.