Hello, Goodbye

She quickly changed into her uniform and stormed out of her room.

A large amount of soldiers still roamed the castle, which meant that they were still getting ready to leave.

"(y/n)!" Armin called out from behind her with Eren beside him.

She turned around to see them. Armin was tenser than the last time they had talked.

"You're not going to the expedition?" He asked and tilted his head to the side.

"No, I can't. Captain's orders. Plus I'm new here. I'm not that skilled to take on titans just yet." she responded. "Good luck though. Kick ass for me, guys."

Eren gave her a look, "Why would Captain Levi order you to stay? Once you're in the Scouting Legion, you must be ready to take on the titans at any cost. It shouldn't matter if you're new, right Armin?"

She froze for a second, not knowing how to respond.

Thankfully, Armin quickly answered, "Eren, we have to go meet up with Mikasa, remember? You promised. Sorry, (y/n). We have to go."

"It's fine, good luck again."

He smiled at her, "Thank you, I'll need the luck. I won't let you down."

He put on a determined face. But despite that, she could see the sheer terror hidden behind his eyes of going to another dangerous mission.

"Do you know where he is, by the way?" she whispered as Eren walked ahead.

"Captain Levi? I believe he's in his office discussing the finalized plans." he responded.

"Thank you, Armin," she gave him a hug before taking off.

---

She sighed heavily before knocking on the door.

"Captain Levi," she called out.

After a few seconds, the door opened. Levi was still putting on his harnesses and belts when she knocked.

"Come in." he opened the door wider for her entrance.

His voice was as timid as ever, but she could hear how nervous he was for this trip. "So Hange's theory-"

"Yes, she was right about us being forcefully brought back at the time we are needed in the story." he finished her sentence. He looked at her as he tightened the straps for his chest.

She just looked back at him. Somehow, Levi felt different.

He stood up straight after finishing with his belts.

"Come help me with this." he held out his cravat to her.

"Why didn't you put this on first?" she asked, taking it from him.

"I don't know... I forgot. I'm just too invested on everything to even remember." he looked at her as she buttoned up the last button on his collar and tied the cravat.

She patted it and stepped backward to observe her work from afar. "Nice," she said, looking at him with her hands on her hips and nodded.

"Come here," he held out a hand.

She stepped closer to him as he held her hands in his.

"You be careful, okay?" she squeezed his hand.

"I will." he replied. "I love you."

"I love you too."

He pulled her closer and kissed her longingly. He kissed her as if he hadn't seen her in years.