Creep

(A/N) hey friend, so firstly; hey.

secondly, my apologies for making the last two chapters so slow but i promise it gets better. I guess. I will leave that to your judgement. but enjoy!

---

"I don't understand what this taste is. It's far too sweet for my preferences, I still prefer black tea." He said to her, drinking again from his cup, a few sips away from being finished.

An hour or so prior, this man was simply an intruder to her home, looking for black tea and fixing her cupboards, now she's welcomed him like a long lost friend.

"I hate to go on a tangent from this beverage talk, but how did you get into my home exactly?" she asked quite shyly, feeling intimidated by this timid but dominant character.

He thought for a while, and finally spoke, "I remember doing paperwork on my desk while reading your book, and somehow I awoke on your bed- I must have fallen asleep on my desk. I was unfamiliar with where I was and decided to look around your dwelling. I figured it was your home when I recognized you- as you were accurately described in the book- in an illustration which almost looked real. You were were with a man in that picture." He looked to the side as he ended, saying the last sentence dryly.

"Oh yeah, that's my close cousin," she replied, unaware of the slight relief on his face. "So, do you know how you will get back?" She continued, returning to the subject.

"I'm not sure. I fear that people will need me, and that the cause of their death is my absence. People rely on me to protect them." He said, turning the subject into a darker tone.

"Well, you are 'humanities greatest soldier', the responsibility is quite huge" she replied, attempting to lighten the conversation.

"Tch," he looked irritated with her response "that title does not matter, it just bears more pressure on me. Being relied on to preserve human lives is not an easy job, people get disappointed when you fail to do so, and it is not a pleasant feeling to be looked down upon, after coming home from a tiring expedition, I tell you." She paused before responding, trying to find something to say to diffuse the tension. She felt bad for him, for how this was something he must deal with frequently, to be expected to have a flawless performance without any casualties.

"I'm sorry, I clearly do not understand what it is like to be in your position. But I do share the same feeling of being looked down upon. The severity of the situations may not be in par with each other, and I might seem like a weakling for being so affected by my emotions, but people have looked down on me before. It's a horrible feeling, and for you to feel a heavier amount of it must take a toll on you." Her hands began playing with her cup as she stared down into it.

Levi's face turned softer after what he had just heard from her. This moment reminded him of why he found her character pleasant. Her character gave him a better connection to his emotions whenever he read her book, he felt like he would be the one she talked to whenever she dealt with her friend in distress. Whenever he read about her, he somehow felt more human.

Of course she was not the main character of the book, she was simply a side-character to keep the main character more interesting. Nonetheless, Levi still enjoyed her character as he felt enlightened by her words whenever she spoke in the book. A man who never let his emotions show through had an outlet; and it was her.

"Well, I guess it's time to sleep," she finally said, feeling awkward with the silence between them. Levi was unaware that he had been staring off into space until he looked at her.

"Right, I'm pretty exhausted after being nearly attacked by that big ass spoon." He replied with a stoic face, getting up from his chair.

Laughter erupted from her, "Oh my god."