Gone

I need to pee... she thought as she remained on her bed tossing and turning, trying to sleep and put off peeing for the morning which she knew was a stupid idea. Fuck it. She lazily rose from her bed, wide awake and looked at her phone. 5 in the morning. My alarm goes off at 8:30 so 3 hours of sleep left. Not bad.

She stepped over the airbed and walked into her bathroom, the cold floor giving her a tingle in the spine with every step she took.

After she used her bathroom, she tried hurrying back to bed to take back all of the sleep she lost just to pee. She was irritated with herself for drinking too much cocoa.

She turned on the lights in her bedroom, hoping not to wake Hange up. She was turning on the lights so she could locate her bed, turn off the lights and run to the direction of her bed so that whatever ghost was trying to chase her couldn't touch her impenetrable blanket.

But she couldn't do as planned.

She looked at the empty airbed before her. "Hange?" She called out and patted the bed. The blankets flattened as she patted them. She went around her room next, looking underneath the bed and any corners she could have possibly hid in.

She walked out into the living room, hesitantly wanting to wake Levi up.

Turning on the lights in the dining area, the lights shone through to the living area where he slept. She tapped his back- he slept face down.

He grumbled and turned his head into the pillow to evade the light. "Whuh ihf ii" she sat on the floor.

"Hange's missing."

He turned to face her, his eyes still showing feebleness. "What?"

"I went to use the washroom and didn't notice her since the lights were off, then I turned the lights on when I got back and I saw- well I didn't see her."

"Fucking idiot," he mumbled under his breath and sat up from his seat and ran a hand through his hair.

"Do you think she went back?" she was sad, Hange has become one of her close friends, even if they have only known each other for such a short duration. If both of them had left, she would probably spontaneously break down.

"I'm unsure. Maybe she wandered around. Her mind never rests, and she's a reckless moron so she might have gone to explore. I wouldn't worry about it much. Even if she were brought back, I know she would find a way to get here again." he sighed, trying to reassure her. She wondered why he wasn't pissed off or anything.

She had a restless 3 hour sleep, thinking about using Hange's experiments to continue figuring out the way she could find a walkway.

Morning came and she had her breakfast and got ready for work.

"Levi, please take care of the house while I am gone." She said, making her way out the door. "If you ever get bored or anything, you can use my laptop or my sketchpad to draw whatever." She added, wondering what he did whenever he was home alone besides cleaning, and how it would turn out if he did use her laptop.

"Alright." he said, following her to the door. "If Hange comes back I'll make sure to kick her ass for being so worrisome."

"Don't kill her, please." she attempted a smile and looked back at him one more time. He responded with a nod. "Okay, I'll see you in a few hours. Bye"

"Take care, don't be an idiot." He replied. With that, she nodded back and left.

"Hey, (y/n). Goodmorning!" Her coworker, Linda greeted. Linda was slightly older than her, with long legs, slender body, and brown hair that brushed her shoulders and eyes stained with the stress of a new child.

"Goodmorning, Linda." She smiled at her, walking to the back where the staff usually left their bags and such.

"Store's opening soon, make sure everything's good, the new copies of that book came out." She stood behind the cash register counting the money, making sure it had the same amount the previous night.

Once Linda made the store available for roaming customers and potential shoplifters, she walked around the store organizing books that were out of place. She loved working at the book store, she felt like she was being surrounded by different immersive plots and universes. Without the bookstore she would not have discovered the book she was reading, and she would not have met Levi and Hange who have significantly impacted her life-or plot. Now with Hange gone, she felt sad; it was possible that at any point, Levi was going to be brought back too.

"Excuse me, miss?" Her thoughts were cut by an old lady much shorter than her.

"Hi, how can I help you?" she smiled at her.

"Do you still have a copy of The Third Estate?" her hands quivered on her cane.

"I'll check the back for you, okay? I'll be right back." she walked off.

Throughout the whole day she thought of Hange and how she would be able to use her experiments to find out a way to open the door between the two universes. People even became impatient with her absentmindedness at some point. She pushed the thought away and concentrated on her last few hours of work.

"Quitting time," Linda sang as she took her bag from the locker. "Gotta feed the kids, see ya!" she waved goodbye. She waved back and went her way to the bus stop to make her 20 minute commute home.

Once she got to her apartment, she tried her keys but it failed to make purchase. She sighed and tried again with a different key and finally got in.

"Levi, I'm back from work," she said putting her bag onto the couch.

"I'm here." He said peeking out of the kitchen. She followed him.

As she entered the kitchen, she saw Hange in the dining room- papers, pencils, keys and things of all sorts spread over the table. Levi sat on the table and she followed suit. Hange took the keys infront of where (y/n) sat and put it closer to her.

"H-hange, where have you been?" she was trembling and her eyes started to well up with tears.

Hange gave Levi a look and he nodded slowly.

"I couldn't sleep after I woke up to see you two outside so I decided to go around the neighbourhood myself." Hange glanced at Levi.

"I was so worried..." she murmured.

"Aw, I'm sorry I made you worry. Don't worry, (y/n)! We wont leave you!" Hange put a hand to her shoulder and smiled.

"You promise?" she looked at both of them.

"Promise." They responded in unison.

(A/N) Hello reader!

I'm at 750 reads which is kinda exciting. When I finished the rough draft of this I was at 500 reads. How it got to 750 in a few days is beyond me.

Sorry about the lack or romance here, but this chapter was meant to help the plot significantly.

Anyways, thank you for reading and thank you to all of those who give votes and comment on my chapters. I will probably give them a mention just to appreciate their support.

Before I end this author's note, I just want to ask, what kind of music do you guys think Levi would listen to if he lived in present time? I don't know.

But yeah.

'til next chapter, bye friends.