Restart

She took a deep breath as walked out of her doorway, on her way to work.

Today would be the day. She constantly told herself. Today would be the day she happens to cross his path, either on her way to work, or just passing through her store.

It had been several weeks and her patience was growing ever so thin. Even seeing Jean during the weekends and showing him around didn't help her forget even for a second that Levi has yet to be found. Everyday seemed so dull, even though everything around her moved in its normal atmosphere. She felt like a literal dark cloud hovered over her head everywhere.

She shook her leg in the bus, looking around earning very disconcerted looks from the people sitting beside her. There was no moment she was going to let pass without looking for him.

She calls it dedication, and others might call it a little bit crazy. Even Marco was becoming concerned with her.

"(y/n), how are you today?" he greeted with a smile as she entered the store to take on Linda's shift.

"Not too bad. You?" she smiled back at him. Marco's kind smile was very contagious, even on her worst days she would seem to catch on to his calming personality.

"I'm doing great." he replied.

"What are you planning to do with Jean this weekend?" she leaned over the counter from which he was across, manning the cashier.

Marco looked off the the side, almost as if he was almost reluctant to say it. His lips opened for a moment but there was pure silence.

"Uh, I told him not to come this weekend." he finally answered.

"Why not? Did you have a fight with him?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"No, nothing like that." he rubbed the nape of his neck, still avoiding her eyes, "I just thought that we should give you a break, since you always take care of us."

"What are you saying? It's fine with me. I have a lot of fun with you two." A chuckle escaped her lips, following the half empty words she said. She moved away to let someone fall in line for the cash.

"We just thought that it would be best if you take a rest. You seem so stressed, especially these past few weeks." he looked away and greeted the man infront of him and started cashing out his books.

It was a thought she considered for a while before responding, "It's fine-"

"No, (y/n), seriously. You always do everything for us and you forget to take care of yourself." Marco handed the bag to the man who was looking back and forth at her and Marco, trying to understand their conversation.

"Thank you sir, come again." she said, the man nodded and left.

"I'll visit you, but we wont be leaving the house, we'll just catch up on that TV show we wanted to catch up on all day, okay?" he suggested. The tone on his voice, although had good intention, made him seem like he was her parent.

"Alright, fine... Thanks" she smiled and walked away to do her work.

---

Making her way home, she decided to take a walk, wanting to stay away from her house as much as possible, since if she hurried home, she would just spend the rest of the night sulking. 

The streets were busy, mostly because everyone was already making their way home from work.

People were rushing to get home to rest and to eat, or to meet their children, and she could hardly even make out the sidewalk due to the many bodies surrounding her.