MUCH 'I DO' ABOUT NOTHING

Start from the beginning

Nate raised his hands into the air, as though he was being arrested, he spun on his heels to look at Madeleine, standing close to Chuck and his father. "Chuck, Nate look at each other right now."

"Madeleine what ar—" Chuck began.

"Did my voice go up at the end? It's a statement not a question Bass-tard. Look at each other." Chuck also raised his hands in defeat, turning to look at Nate.

"Now then boys. It's a wedding. A happy day, and I'd like to keep it that way. So on that note, Charles and Nathaniel, you do anything to ruin today and I will personally. I mean this by the way. I will personally make sure there won't be any tiny Chuck's or Nate's running around. Got it?" Madeleine said, smiling at the boys who now looked flustered. "Good. Both of you save me a dance please."

"You're one feisty angel today aren't you." Nate joked, Madeleine felt a blush creeping into her face. She smiled timidly a Nate. The redhead could see Chuck smirking at her red face.

"Bass-tard, wipe the smirk off your face or so help me God I will slap it off for you, inside the both of you." Madeleine giggled, watching the boys walk into the venue. She turned, looking at a bewildered Howard Archibald. "Come on Captain, I'll show you inside."

Madeleine stood behind Serena, watching her cousin walk halfway down the aisle before she began the journey. Chuck shot her a wink when the locked eyes, Madeleine returned the favour with a smile. The brit desperately wanted to glance in Nate's direction, however she already knew who she would see clinging onto him. To save herself the pain, she looked towards Bart, he wore a smile that she had never seen before. His smile was contagious and soon spread across Madeleine's face when she stood beside Serena.

Madeleine watched as her aunt walked down the aisle, dressed in all white. Throughout the whole ceremony, Madeleine graced from Dan and Serena, back to her soon to be Aunt and Uncle. The ceremony brought tears to the girls eyes. She felt an overwhelming sense of joy as she watched her aunt marry Bart Bass.

Madeleine took her seat beside Chuck at the top table, Madeleine held idle chatter with a friend of Bart's. The older man attempting to flirt with the girl, which earned repressed laughter from Chuck. A member of security leant down beside Chuck, whispering in his ear before briskly walking away.

Chuck stood up from his seat, ignoring Madeleine as she asked where he was going. Instead she followed him with her eyes, watching him walk towards Nate (who was in conversation with Vanessa).

The girl watched as Nate stood up in front of Chuck before swiftly storming away. After Madeleine watched Chuck begin to follow Nate, she decided so too, upholding the promise she told the pair hours earlier.

Madeleine jogged outside, fumbling with her dress as she reached the scene. She stood close to Chuck, watching Nate in a heated argument with his father. The two stood quietly until Nate's fist connected with Howard's nose, a shriek left Madeleine's lips, catching Nate's attention.

The Captain stumbled into the limo, Nate never looked back when he walked towards Chuck and Madeleine. The trio stood quietly until Madeleine took it upon herself to break in unnerving silence. "Are you okay?"

"No." Nate replied gruffly, leaning against a thin wall. "I don't wanna talk about it."

"Then we won't." Madeleine reassured him, holding onto his bruising hand, inspecting his knuckles. "Quite the right hook Archibald. Raw talent." She whispered absentmindedly.